You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

So... my sister is taking an American Lit class and needed to stop at the library to find a book. I asked her what the criteria were, and apparently it's just "the author has to have been born in America" or something like that. So of course I suggest Sanderson. She gets that a lot, though, and wasn't affected.

It was only after we went into the library and she couldn't find the Louis L'Amour book she wanted (aside: HOW?! THeRE aRe LiKE a mILlioN) that she asked me if I would buy her a Twix bar if she read Mistborn. I told her absolutely. We went to the store and I got her a fancy yogurt instead but she still had a treat. She is now reading Mistborn for a school project. I did tell her how distinctive the setting and plot and characters and other symbols were, though, and how easy an artistic project could be. 

:) I love my sister. She is willing to give up hundreds of hours of her time for a little Twix. 

7 minutes ago, Brightness Enna said:

So... my sister is taking an American Lit class and needed to stop at the library to find a book. I asked her what the criteria were, and apparently it's just "the author has to have been born in America" or something like that. So of course I suggest Sanderson. She gets that a lot, though, and wasn't affected.

It was only after we went into the library and she couldn't find the Louis L'Amour book she wanted (aside: HOW?! THeRE aRe LiKE a mILlioN) that she asked me if I would buy her a Twix bar if she read Mistborn. I told her absolutely. We went to the store and I got her a fancy yogurt instead but she still had a treat. She is now reading Mistborn for a school project. I did tell her how distinctive the setting and plot and characters and other symbols were, though, and how easy an artistic project could be. 

:) I love my sister. She is willing to give up hundreds of hours of her time for a little Twix. 

And to make you happy, by the sound of it :) 

6 hours ago, Brightness Enna said:

My old 8th grade english teacher (who has taught three of my siblings so far, so we have an excellent relationship) was looking for a dystopian novel to study in her class. She wanted to read Hunger Games, but my mom had a huge problem with the amount of violence in that book. So she tried to get her to read Mistborn instead. My old teacher didn't go for it :(. But hey, we tried. Good thing you succeeded on this one! 

On that note, you know you're a Sanderfan when you've got your mom and no less than five siblings reading the guy's books, not to mention an uncle or two (JK the uncle was the one who introduced me in the first place). 

4 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

On that note, you know you're a Sanderfan when you've got your mom and no less than five siblings reading the guy's books, not to mention an uncle or two (JK the uncle was the one who introduced me in the first place). 

I know I'm a Sanderfan when I feel inadequate because I've only managed to convince two people to start reading Sanderson: my mom (just the Legion novellas and Reckoners so far, though she hasn't finished Calamity yet), and a nice lady who used to be my neighbor when I lived in Ohio (I got her to buy a copy of Steelheart like a year or more ago, but I don't know if she's even finished reading it).

3 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I know I'm a Sanderfan when I feel inadequate because I've only managed to convince two people to start reading Sanderson: my mom (just the Legion novellas and Reckoners so far, though she hasn't finished Calamity yet), and a nice lady who used to be my neighbor when I lived in Ohio (I got her to buy a copy of Steelheart like a year or more ago, but I don't know if she's even finished reading it).

Rejoice, I haven't converted anyone <_<

You know you're a Sanderfan when you sleep at 3:00 AM because you were checking Coppermind

Edited by Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew

Or when there's a question about metaphors on a final. They gave a little example, and I answered the true/false question, then wrote off to the side:

"That's a simile. David thinks he's bad at metaphors but he's actually bad at similes. Ex: "it was like one lumberjack had eaten a lumberjack to make one very big lumberjack".*"

I cited the Reckoners series at the asterisk.

When one of your coworkers enters into your office shouting "colors! colors!" and your first reaction is wondering if he's a nalthian worldhopper.

Alas, nothing so spectacular. As one of the enterprise chemists, I am in charge of preparing dyes under 5 grams of wheight, and so he was just asking me to make a color. Still, I tried to tell him about nalthis. I don't think I was much convincing, though.

4 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

When one of your coworkers enters into your office shouting "colors! colors!" and your first reaction is wondering if he's a nalthian worldhopper.

Alas, nothing so spectacular. As one of the enterprise chemists, I am in charge of preparing dyes under 5 grams of wheight, and so he was just asking me to make a color. Still, I tried to tell him about nalthis. I don't think I was much convincing, though.

Are you sure the guy wasn't Vasher in disguise again?