Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

1 hour ago, Extesian said:

In Honor of little Juno's recent trip into the clouds

untitled.png

Now that's a storm Stormfather would be proud of! Did you know it's going on for at least over 350 years and is roughly 2-3 times the size of our planet? The winds blow up to 432km/h (267mph). 

/geek mode off

27 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Now that's a storm Stormfather would be proud of! Did you know it's going on for at least over 350 years and is roughly 2-3 times the size of our planet? The winds blow up to 432km/h (267mph). 

/geek mode off

Yeah those photos are up there with the Cassini fly through Saturn's rings! I love Jupiter's Highstorm but my heart goes to Enceladus. (And Europa and Io) I have a thing for moons :D

/geek mode sustained

A little background for this mime. This is a slow year for Sanderson in that we "only" get three stories this year: Oathbringer, Snapshot, and White Sand #2. I also don't know if Sanderson is my personal favorite author bc it changes so frequently (I do own and have read everything he has written besides Alcatraz and e-only stories)

1t1nb0.jpg

Edited by Ammanas

1 hour ago, Taliax said:

Maybe not exactly a meme, but saw this the other day and couldn't help thinking of WoR: (upvotes to whoever knows the reference) :P

IMG_0086.PNG

Xion is a stick!

Heres a written meme for you all: While you were reading this sentence Martin finished a sentence, Rothfuss finished a paragraph, Butcher wrote a chapter, King wrote a brick and Sanderson just finished writing 5 books.

Edited by Draginon
Updating the joke

20 hours ago, Draginon said:

Xion is a stick!

Heres a written meme for you all: While you were reading this sentence Martin finished a sentence, Rothfuss finished a paragraph, Butcher wrote a chapter, King wrote a brick and Sanderson just finished writing 5 books.

Sanderson is a machine, right? This made me genuinely laugh... then sigh, because it's true and I can't keep up! I heard him say once that he's had to force himself to quit writing and spend time just being a husband and father. He told the group I was with that writers need to stop being just writers sometimes. As an aspiring writer, I'm the opposite, I have to force myself to put aside family duties to write, when I'd genuinely like to write all the time. I suppose it's easier to find writing time when you are that successful, because then it really is your 9-5 job. Although, I still don't see how he could accomplish so much in that time frame and still travel to writers conferences, comic cons and book promotions! Long story short- your comment on the meme is exactly how I feel! I love it. Lol.

12 minutes ago, Meannadarie said:

Sanderson is a machine, right? This made me genuinely laugh... then sigh, because it's true and I can't keep up! I heard him say once that he's had to force himself to quit writing and spend time just being a husband and father. He told the group I was with that writers need to stop being just writers sometimes. As an aspiring writer, I'm the opposite, I have to force myself to put aside family duties to write, when I'd genuinely like to write all the time. I suppose it's easier to find writing time when you are that successful, because then it really is your 9-5 job. Although, I still don't see how he could accomplish so much in that time frame and still travel to writers conferences, comic cons and book promotions! Long story short- your comment on the meme is exactly how I feel! I love it. Lol.

Yeah I want to write as well, do have a couple first drafts laying around plus one I'm in the middle of writing along with a few short stories/novellas, but there are some days I find myself unable to get anything written. It's really bad if I have a writing day and get one of my migraines. Heck most of the time I can't write because my mom drops a surprise shopping trip on me so I'm left with very few days to write anything anymore.