Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

Yeah. Is this a real and or fictional place created by someone else, or is this your mashup? 

I'm not making a judgement on it, do what you like thats, y'know, safe and reasonable. :) 

The picture was on iFunny, but had a different caption. 

EDIT: Yes, that was photoshopped, but not by me. It apparently was the ad for some travel company. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

On 2016年9月24日 at 6:07 PM, Delightful said:

Did you edit this/where's the image from?

I once saw the original image of this on Reddit, and you can visit here: https://m.reddit.com/r/Stormlight_Archive/comments/3qc6tv/no_spoilers_this_is_what_i_imagine_a_modern_day/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

image.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Huh, I was thinking Ender's game, but I didn't get the genetically engineered part. I need to read Firstborn :/

Ummm...well sort of Ender would count but I though with Firstborn by Brandon and what not that that was what you were referring to.

1 hour ago, Eccentric Hero said:

I'm not sure if highstorms actually circle around because they stop at Shinovar.

I think Highstorms just lose a lot of their power (much like RL hurricanes) the longer they go over non-thermal-producing land.  If a highstorm lasts long enough to actually circumnavigate Roshar's globe, then by Shinovar it would probably be not much more than a mundane thunderstorm.  That said, it was a major point of the Fleet myth that the storm stopped when both it and Fleet hit Shinovar.  In addition, Shinovar is secluded in a mountain range that would be the perfect place for any incoming storm to stop (in accordance with the rain shadow effect).  

TL;DR that's not confirmed.