Byu Cosmere Club

We're down to Friday or Saturday this week, if we want to meet this week (and technically tonight, but I don't like late notice meetings like that, even though I'm free). @Sunbird @Taliax what are your Saturdays like? It's an odd day to meet, I know, but Sunbird can't meet Friday's and @RippleGylf can only meet Friday or Saturday. If Saturday (preferably afternoon, though mornings are okay for me too) doesn't work, whatever day we choose will be missing one of Ripple or Sunbird.

Edit: also, I'm an idiot. I'm busy next Friday night.

10 hours ago, little wilson said:

We're down to Friday or Saturday this week, if we want to meet this week (and technically tonight, but I don't like late notice meetings like that, even though I'm free). @Sunbird @Taliax what are your Saturdays like? It's an odd day to meet, I know, but Sunbird can't meet Friday's and @RippleGylf can only meet Friday or Saturday. If Saturday (preferably afternoon, though mornings are okay for me too) doesn't work, whatever day we choose will be missing one of Ripple or Sunbird.

Edit: also, I'm an idiot. I'm busy next Friday night.

I can do Saturday in the afternoon or evening this week.

1 minute ago, little wilson said:

@Sunbird @Taliax How about 2pm tomorrow? And let's meet at the Cougareat, but do something else somewhere else after meeting up. Because it's a Saturday afternoon. There are so many options. Even with snow.

Works for me! I can fit one person besides myself in my car if needed.

3 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

I will be there!

And I'm bringing a fellow Sanderfan with me, if that's ok. She's not on the Shard, but she's about as into Sanderson books as I am. :)

You know how we feel about new people--the more, the merrier! We'd love to meet her. :)

Also are we planning to have lunch together? Not sure if I should eat before I come. XD @little wilson

Edited by Sunbird

• 4 weeks later...

As someone who is waiting for their BYU acceptance letter, I'm hoping to be able to get involved with you guys (should I be accepted :/ ). A quick question though. There seems to be a lot of BYU clubs. How come there isn't an official BYU Sanderson/Cosmere club? Does it cost money or something to make an official club? Thanks!

I believe it takes a member of the faculty supporting it or something. I'm not 100% sure. I'm also not a student and not all the people who come are students (though most generally are). Zas looked into that at one point a couple years ago and decided against it.

Edit: and after just looking at it myself, yeah. It would fall under the Chartered club category and those require all members be students at BYU and they also require a full time faculty/staff advisor. While we could undoubtedly get the advisor, those of us who are not BYU students would no longer be able to participate.

• 2 weeks later...

Between the two, Saturday would definitely be better, but that's not saying that I'd even be able to come, because I don't know my work schedule. I might be working a midshift on Saturday that would probably be 12-8, or I might work a night shift. No idea. I do know that if I get out of work on Friday at a reasonable hour, I have somewhere to be, hence the "Saturday would definitely be better" comment.