Byu Cosmere Club

Hey guys, so I need a bit of help. I'm going to be a senior in high school next school year. I'm hoping to move out to Provo by myself, rent an apartment, get a job, take AP classes etc. My major problem is that since I won't be a BYU student, I'm having a hard time finding any housing in the area I need that'll accept me.

I've heard that attending Institute will count if you're not a student. Is that true? And if it is, do y'all know if it's possible for a highschooler to officially attend institute?

Sorry for the interruption, but really need a hand. Thanks!

Hey guys, so I need a bit of help. I'm going to be a senior in high school next school year. I'm hoping to move out to Provo by myself, rent an apartment, get a job, take AP classes etc. My major problem is that since I won't be a BYU student, I'm having a hard time finding any housing in the area I need that'll accept me.

I've heard that attending Institute will count if you're not a student. Is that true? And if it is, do y'all know if it's possible for a highschooler to officially attend institute?

Sorry for the interruption, but really need a hand. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't know about how Institute relates to the housing situation... But I can offer you this possibly helpful information: you might try the OMNI apartment complex on 500 west in Provo. I know plenty of people who live in that complex that are not BYU students. But if you're not 18 yet, I don't know how that would affect your legal ability to rent an apartment. Also, nobody at OMNI has their own apartment, so you will have to find some roommates you like or can at least put up with.

It's held at 7:00 PM in the JFSB at BYU. :)

Specifically, in the atrium, which is on the ground level at the front (east side, facing the library and the mountains) of the building.

Edited by Sunbird

And really, even though you're "supposed" to be a college or institute going person, I know of several housing places that don't care at all. I had a friend that was a high school student at Provo High at Cinnamon Tree for example.

Edit- And it looks like Tuesday for sure! I won't be there till 7:30ish, but I'll be glad to see you all there!

• 3 weeks later...

Once a month, Sharders who live near the Orem/Provo area of Utah get together on BYU campus with pizza and rootbeer and just hang out and talk about books, movies, TV, whatever's going on in our lives. People who usually come include little wilson, zas678, Slowswift, and me (Sunbird), and last month Xaladin came too.

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Once a month, Sharders who live near the Orem/Provo area of Utah get together on BYU campus with pizza and rootbeer and just hang out and talk about books, movies, TV, whatever's going on in our lives. People who usually come include little wilson, zas678, Slowswift, and me (Sunbird), and last month Xaladin came too.

We need to do this in Sydney. :( Too bad I don't live in the Orem/Provo area of Utah. If I ever in my meager life find myself near there, I will be sure to drop by