A Meta Question A/b Bridge 4

ChaseGiants

I tried to search to see if this has already been addressed because I'm SURE it has, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Feel free simply to link to the appropriate answer if you'd like but:

Brandon has mentioned more than once on Writing Excuses that he populated Bridge Four with his real-life friends. I also recall him pointing out that Dan was a somewhat major character in some series...but this was back when all I had read was like the first half of the Final Empire. So now that I've read more, I'm very intrigued as to a) who Dan is, and B) who's who in Bridge Four.

Is there a WoB for this or anything helpful like that?

Thanks.

Honestly, in this case I don't think anyone actually knows who they are for certain, and if we did, it wouldn't really mean much to us. These are the sort of things that will likely turn up in the annotations if Brandon ends up having time to do those. The only fact I know for sure, aside from that they are Brandon's friends, is that Drehy is based on a real guy that Brandon knows who is gay. That's really about it, unless I've missed something.

• Chaos locked this topic