Elkohar And The Assassination (Spoiler For Wor)

Blackace

In WoR Szeth comes to the shattered plain to assassinate Dalinar instead of Elkohar. though even after Szeth revealing that he was not after Elkohar, Dalinar did not reveal it to anyone. And Kaladin did not reveal it either.

So my question is how did elkohar know that?

Just before Graves and Moash try to assassinate Elkohar says that "not even the assassin thinks I'm worthy of the throne..."

So, how did he know?

Or did someone spill it and I missed it?

This questions been bothering me

Edited by Blackace

You didn't miss it, no one tells Elhokar on screen. May be he was told later on or Graves's men, who apparently spoke enough unpleasant things to make Elhokar get drunker than even before, mentioned it. After all, those working with Vargo and the Diagram definitely knew Szeth was meant to kill Dalinar, and Graves said their main goal was to separate Kal from Dalinar anyway.

I don't think that Elhokar was talking about Graves. Before or after he says that line he mentions Szeth. And nobody told Elhokar that Szeth was after Dalinar.

Ah ha! Sort of remember the quote: " he wears white, not even the assassin thinks I'm worthy of the throne" or something like that. Maybe Graves men told him. He was already so drunk that if Jasnah showed right in front of him he'd think it was Darth Vader. Jasnah does have the personality:)

I don't think that Elhokar was talking about Graves. Before or after he says that line he mentions Szeth. And nobody told Elhokar that Szeth was after Dalinar.

Ah ha! Sort of remember the quote: " he wears white, not even the assassin thinks I'm worthy of the throne" or something like that. Maybe Graves men told him. 

I didn't say Elhokar was talking about Graves, they probably haven't met before the end of WoR. I meant what you said - that it could have been Graves's men who Elhokar overheard talking about him  :P

• Chaos locked this topic