Mobile Full Version Posting

Eilemelie

As an avid phone user I'm most likely to be seen on the mobile version of 17th shard, but I have been on the computer version as well and seen the differences. To clarify, I always tend to use the "full version" (the link at the bottom of the page) because it looks neater and shows the signatures. But, despite it being a "full" version, there are features of the real full version that it lacks.

I'm of course talking about the posting alternatives.

I'm not very good with writing code. I basically know the BOLD and italicised configuratures and not much more. While I do know how to write a normal smiley :) the ninja one's coding is never going to stay long in my mind. I can't be the only one with these problems. Is there a reason as to why these shortcut buttons have been left out of accessability from phones and tablets or has this just been an oversight when building the page? Are there already plans as to ad them?

I'm sure an addition would be well recieved.

Edited by Eilemelie

The new version of the site has a far more robust mobile editor. I get to fully customize which toolbar options will appear on the mobile version. In fact, I get to customize them for the three breakpoints of the new site, so phone, tablet, and desktop will have progressively more things on their toolbar.

The current mobile version leaves out critical features--it's even worse on the moderation side, trust me. The new site is fully responsive for screen size and gives you all the same abilities. When you use it, I think you'll be blown away. The mobile version will show the same info, just in a way that works for phones or tablets (which have different, but related layouts, so tablets do get to use their increased real estate to their advantage). So there will be signatures on the new mobile layout, to respond to that example of yours. (Note, we may need to alter our rules regarding images in sigs so that it looks good on mobile.)

This is at least a month out, but soon™, things will be much better. I don't want to give a hard time frame, as the final version of the software we use isn't quite done, and even when it is, there are some important modifications we need that could delay things more. But you'll really love it; it's just fantastic.

EDIT: There will be a preview eventually! There technically is a preview right now, but you wouldn't be able to guess the arcane URL I made for it. It isn't the artwork we will use, so I don't want to link it yet. But eventually, yes! A massive update is coming soon.

Edited by Chaos