Theory: Shards And Magic

I have read quite extensively on this site about a lot of topics on shard theory and magic theory and from what I am coming to understand is that a good (though not perfect and only with secondhand sources to support) way to understand magic systems and the various shards involvement in them is that the magic systems, by and large, were in place before Adonalsium shattered. After the Shard of Adonalsium scattered and settled, they perverted the magic system(s) that were already a part of the world(s) that they settled on. I'm still researching this and looking for sources, so any thoughts and/or sources would be awesome.

Hmm... All we know is that specific magic systems arise from the interaction of Shards with the planets that they're on. "Perverted" might be too strong of a word. We just know that it's different now. 

Is Hemalurgy dead? No, not at all. It, like [Allomancy and Feruchemy], was not created by Ruin or Preservation, but by the natural state of the world and its interaction with the gods who created it. It still requires the same method of creation, but very few people are aware of how it works.

Oh! Crazy theory thought! What if a Shardworld (which I'm assuming was created by Adonalsium) reacts differently to a Shard than a planet created by the Shard itself? 

Oh! Crazy theory thought! What if a Shardworld (which I'm assuming was created by Adonalsium) reacts differently to a Shard than a planet created by the Shard itself? 

Has a Shard made an entire planet before? I know they've created life on planets before, but the implication has been that the planets themselves were already there.

That would have to be a freakishly invested planet! I don't think we've seen it yet if it is even possible. That would be awesome though if a shard imbued enough of itself into a project to literally create its own planet. Odium might have to blow up the planet to shatter the shard!

Maybe that's what really happened to Alderaan...

A Shard... I find it hard to think about, but a group of shards creating a planet... With Cultivation ever present in the creation of said planet. As Darkness said would be a "freakishly  invested planet". I'm imagining it full of life, green with lots of creatures like a big jungle with vast oceans... lots of little creatures and big plants all of them with some kind of spren-like investiture.

Going in the theory that the planet is created by only 1 shard it would be Cultivation and the planet would not react to it at all... the planet would be the Shardholder. Some kind of "Mogo" from the Green Lantern comics. A concient planet, inteligent and full of inteligent invested living creatures...

I like it.

Would Harmony give them a way to get there? Or would they somehow figure out how to use different forms of the Metallic Arts to get there?

They're eventually supposed to invent faster-than-light space travel with the metallic arts anyway. They'd get there eventually.

Of course Hoid can just hop in, but he's Hoid.

• Chaos locked this topic