The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

You know what I love about the Israeli Railways? About a year ago, they decided to make waiting for trains less mind-numbingly dull by putting pianos in some of the larger stations and inviting anyone who could play anything to bring their instruments and make everyone else happy.

I have a few cool stories. Today I saw a bunch of soldiers passing through. One of them just sat down and started playing Fur Elise, then went straight into the Mario theme. Also when someone else replaced him, this guy and his two-year-old son started dancing to the music.

A few months ago there was this guy playing and a couple of female soldiers walked up to him and requested Disney songs. Then they started singing a duet together along with him. They harmonized and everything. It was awesome.

This entire idea is just great you guys.

4 hours ago, Briar King said:

Inaugural concert is going great so far. I was worried about it.

Who's performing? 

And yes. Given all the moral controversy over "to perform or not to perform" (I've got my own opinions about that, but anyways), nice to hear things are going smoothly. 

Edited by Slowswift

23 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Who's performing? 

And yes. Given all the moral controversy over "to perform or not to perform" (I've got my own opinions about that, but anyways), nice to hear things are going smoothly. 

This article covers it in more detail, but I know Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down, and The Piano Guys are performing, off the top of my head, since those are the ones I'm most familiar with. 

And yeah, I have my own opinions on the whole thing, but suffice to say I'm glad it seems to be going smoothly so far. 

Tobey Keith, some YouTube sensation piano group(they were really good) but idk their name. The highlight for me was 3Doors Down. Several other Country legends teaming up to perform excerpts of their songs followed up by America the Beautiful(I think).

best part was fireworks. It was fantastic to watch.

Very VERY toned down Trump speech to close.

though I didn't see it I heard he was very reflective and was taking many obv breaths at the Wreath ceremony at Arlington as well.

Edited by Briar King

8 minutes ago, Briar King said:

some YouTube sensation piano group(they were really good)

This was likely The Piano Guys. They're kind of a big deal here in Utah. :P

9 minutes ago, Briar King said:

America the Beautiful(I think)

Honestly, I would hope so. Do you know who performed it? Sounds like something the Mormon Tabernacle Choir would sing, and I heard they were also performing.

Also, I've said for years that America the Beautiful should be the national anthem instead, but that's beside the point

It was ( im copy an pasting this)

The Frontmen of Country

Trump, seated next to wife Melania and daughter Ivanka, nodded and slightly swayed along to the music provided by this trio, made up of singers from various country bands: Tim Rushlow of Little Texas, Larry Stewart of Restless Heart, and Richie McDonald of Lonestar. They performed a medley of their greatest hits, including “The Bluest Eyes in Texas” and “Why Does It Have to Be” from Restless Heart. Rushlow sang Little Texas’s “Amy’s Back in Austin” and “God Blessed Texas,” while McDonald crooned “Walking in Memphis” and “I’m Already There.”

“It’s an honor for us to be here representing music from Nashville, Tennessee, all the great bands out of Nashville over the last 30 years,” Stewart said.

followed up with all them and Lee Greenwood singing God Bless the USA not Amer the Beautiful(Sam Moore sung that earlier then this)

SANDERSON COMING TO POLAND IN MARCH I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF

I know it's not as exciting for you guys, who can go and meet him somewhere few times a year but for me it will be an extremely rare event. I have to go compile my list of questions.

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I know it's not as exciting for you guys, who can go and meet him somewhere few times a year but for me it will be an extremely rare event. I have to go compile my list of questions.

It's way exciting for him to be going to Poland! Hopefully most of your questions don't get RAFO'd

11 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

It's way exciting for him to be going to Poland! Hopefully most of your questions don't get RAFO'd

Ah, the thin line I have to thread to balance between asking about what I want to know and getting RAFO'd ^_^

Edited by Oversleep

3 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I'd like to see your list, 'cos I don't even know what to ask :P

I saw two of these beautiful birds on my uni's campus this morning:

Cedar_Waxwing_n10-8-012_l.jpg

Cedar Waxwings, named for the brightly tipped wings and tails that look like they've been dipped in old-fashioned letter-sealing wax. I like to call them "berry bandits" because of their love of berries (should be obvious from the photo XD) and because of their black eyemasks.