The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

End us, or turn us into creepy automatons. Who can then fight back from within at the unsuspecting Kobold king!

.....for a Kobold king, your kobolds seem pretty absent. Never seen 'em.

He used to have one in his pic awhile ago, I believe...at least it looked like the kobolds from the D&D board game (this one) we have.

On the love note...  How about a guy who one minute was saying he wanted to marry you, the next was saying he was interested again in his high school girlfriend (who didn't want to get back together with him) and then the next (or, you know, three years later) sending you an email asking you to buy his self-published ebook like he wasn't a complete jerk that hadn't been blocked from your one email account immediately after you told him you'd see him next in the Tranquiline Halls and not a moment before then (apparently I forgot to block him from the other email account).

Prom is next saturday, and I'm going with my crush. Which is really exciting, but not really unexpected, since we've been "almost boy/girlfriend" :P for about six months now. But what is really exciting is my friend, you know, the type that refuses to date because girls are scary? Yeah. TOMORROW HE'S ASKING A GIRL TO PROM!!! :D

Edited by mail-mi

On the love note...  How about a guy who one minute was saying he wanted to marry you, the next was saying he was interested again in his high school girlfriend (who didn't want to get back together with him) and then the next (or, you know, three years later) sending you an email asking you to buy his self-published ebook like he wasn't a complete jerk that hadn't been blocked from your one email account immediately after you told him you'd see him next in the Tranquiline Halls and not a moment before then (apparently I forgot to block him from the other email account).

...Sympathies? Because damnation, that is... pretty chullish behavior. I think this guy is a real life Diamond Tiara.

Uh... random good news? I saw a midnight showing of Avengers: Age of Ultron. So that was pretty cool; doubly so since I was attending it with an old friend of mine.

I'm exhausted now though.

So, I was at Figments and Filaments this weekend (squee, costuming convention!), and happen to be friends with a lot of folks from the staff side of local conventions.  (Heck, I even worked security at Naka Kon myself, so...)  But I found out that Brandon's going to be HERE, in KC, for ConQwest over Memorial Day weekend.

Well, rust it all, now I have to go.

I just ordered a hardback copy of Alloy of Law for signing. :D

So….jealous….

But also super happy for you. Good job! :D

I invited my kind-of-girlfriend, and I didn't scare her off, and she still held my hand afterwards even though I stank like an old band aid left in a car in the middle of the Sahara desert, so that's something. :P

I invited my kind-of-girlfriend, and I didn't scare her off, and she still held my hand afterwards even though I stank like an old band aid left in a car in the middle of the Sahara desert, so that's something. :P

Ah, nothing like young love. Walking together on starry nights. Chattering excitedly about shared interests...

...Uh, nevermind. :P

Ah, nothing like young love. Walking together on starry nights. Chattering excitedly about shared interests...

...Uh, nevermind. :P

Sorry, but I'm not creating a robotic version of my girlfriend who eventually jumps off of a cliff. I'll keep her alive and with me, thank you very much. :P

You're a soulless minion of orthodoxy. You know that, right? :P

Oh don't worry, there's nothing orthodox about us. :P I asked her to prom using limericks, and she filled my car with styrofoam pellets, and then she basically planned the whole date out for us. :P

Edited by mail-mi

Oh don't worry, there's nothing orthodox about us. :P I asked her to prom using limericks, and she filled my car with styrofoam pellets, and then she basically planned the whole date out for us. :P

That is what around these here parts we like to call "a keeper".

No wonder she said yes. That's awesome. :D

That is what around these here parts we like to call "a keeper".

Thanks guys! :D Yeah, she's amazing.  ^_^

If I asked my girlfriend out using limericks, she would probably be concerned for my health.  :mellow:

Now a Doctor Who or Cosmere reference on the other hand . . .  :P  :P

She thought it was ridiculous. :P

If I did that she'd probably murder me and take my dead body to prom because she'd still say yes. :P

Edited by mail-mi

We got our next foster today! His name is Simba and he's absolutely adorable. Golden this time, probably with a bit of malamute or another type of dog. He's small, but his face reminds me of one of the big working dogs from the arctic circle. He's also got big paws two. Probably about two years old. He's great!

My English teacher bumped the due date of our semester project from tomorrow to next Monday! More procrastination! But I still have to do a storming book report due this Friday, which will be done at 3:00 AM on Friday. But it's on Elantris.  ;) I'll be fine.