The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I'm really looking forwards to ten hours of meetings over the weekend.

For all you non-Mormons, Saturday and Sunday is what we call General Conference, and it's twice a year. And it's always really awesome.

Edited by Slowswift

Started the new job today, and despite all the current employees freaking out over having to change cubicles (they've gotten three new people in the past week and needed to make space), I think I'm really gonna like this set-up as compared to my old place a/k/a h**l on earth.  The current folks just don't know how good they have it.  Plus, I get to have earlier hours!  Woo hoo!  For us morning people, that's great!  It means I'm truly awake for most of the work hours in the day as opposed to wanting to take a post-lunch nap for at least half of them. ;)

Edit to add: Also, the season opener of MLP:FIM was AWESOME!

Edited by traceria

Started the new job today, and despite all the current employees freaking out over having to change cubicles (they've gotten three new people in the past week and needed to make space), I think I'm really gonna like this set-up as compared to my old place a/k/a h**l on earth.  The current folks just don't know how good they have it.  Plus, I get to have earlier hours!  Woo hoo!  For us morning people, that's great!  It means I'm truly awake for most of the work hours in the day as opposed to wanting to take a post-lunch nap for at least half of them. ;)

Edit to add: Also, the season opener of MLP:FIM was AWESOME!

Good for you! Glad your new workplace is a good one. :)

WASN'T IT, THOUGH? :D This is the first time I've started watching MLP episodes in real time, having selectively binged them on Netflix before now. I haven't been this excited about ponies since I first started watching the show.

I'm no longer sick! (mostly)

It's awesome that you're on the path back to good health! :)

WASN'T IT, THOUGH? :D This is the first time I've started watching MLP episodes in real time, having selectively binged them on Netflix before now. I haven't been this excited about ponies since I first started watching the show.

Same here!  We binged past seasons, too, since season 4 was starting to air when we finally gave in and watched the show.  It's quite exciting to get them on a weekly basis.  We'll be drooling for the next one before each Saturday is over. ;)

:)

This cord-cutter is jealous.  I've gotta wait for it all to hit Netflix.

I am now 7% finished with Way of Kings. 

It's good. At first, it was mostly the intricate worldbuilding that kept me reading, but now it's at the point where I've gotten sucked in by the characters, too. 

And still the worldbuilding. Great Noodly One, the worldbuilding. 

They say that when Brandon Sanderson first set his pen to paper to write the Stormlight Archive, the worldbuildingspren were so thick they clogged the room as if they were a dense fog. :P:D

jwtrj.jpg

A few days after I got the ebook for Way of Kings, I also got I Am Not a Serial Killer. I lose Way of Kings on the 23rd, and I think I'll be able to renew I Am Not a Serial Killer, but this would be a lot easier of WoK wasn't a million pages long. <_< And they're good pages, but still.

Oh well. It just means I have two awesome books instead of one. :D

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles