The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

On 2/11/2017 at 1:15 PM, Jondesu said:

Just pretty much snapped my big toe nail in half today. Folded straight up into the air. I hit it on a step that I didn't realize was so close as I turned around.

So, sharing from the Bad News thread here, but my nail is basically normal looking now, over a week later (never turned black or anything like that, I kept a bandaid on it to keep it from getting messed up again, but that's off now).  Very relieved about that.

1 hour ago, Mestiv said:

Yeah,  I wasn't too excited about becoming a pirate either :D

Well, at least you'd get a license saying you can drink rum anytime you want. I heard that's a thing.

I think I spent too much time in Hemalurgy because when I think of eye the next thing that pops in my mind is "but why did Inquisitors have spikes through eyes of all the bindpoints?"

Edited by Oversleep

32 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Well, at least you'd get a license saying you can drink rum anytime you want. I heard that's a thing.

I think I spent too much time in Hemalurgy because when I think of eye the next thing that pops in my mind is "but why did Inquisitors have spikes through eyes of all the bindpoints?"

Because it looks really spooky, and part of Rashek's intent with the Inquisitors was for them to be terrifying.

I just realised something.

A couple years ago, when I was new on the Shard and having a hard time, rep points were a significant self-esteem boost for me. I felt smart and funny and appreciated in a way that was different to how people saw me IRL.

And now....not nearly as much. I barely notice up votes, I certainly don't track every one like I used to. Which means I'm in a much more psychologically healthy place than I used to be. And I'd say a significant portion of that comes from your support and friendship.

Basically y'all are awesome and the Shard feels like home. <3

Thanks Chaos and Rubix and the rest of the awesome staff.

#moreDelightfultherapy #itsnearly2am #noregrets???

4 hours ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

A couple years ago, when I was new on the Shard and having a hard time, rep points were a significant self-esteem boost for me. I felt smart and funny and appreciated in a way that was different to how people saw me IRL.

And now....not nearly as much. I barely notice up votes, I certainly don't track every one like I used to. Which means I'm in a much more psychologically healthy place than I used to be. And I'd say a significant portion of that comes from your support and friendship.

On the last forums I was on, I used to really like getting 'likes' when I posted stuff. I'm still a bit like that with rep points but not as much.

4 hours ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I always get more excited after being quoted or mentioned than for upvotes, but they're still nice :)

It's super cool that the Shard helped you so much ^^

#itsaftert5am #whosgonnahaveregretsinthemorningnow? :P