How do I Spell...?

Glaring at the Survivor

Tased. Or tazed. Or whatever. Also taser/tazer and tasers/tazers.

My wordcheck thinks whatever I try is wrong.

Help?

First, are you writing in the real world, or the future of the real world? Because the word "Taser" technically refers to the electroshock self-defense weapon sold by Taser International. Similar to Band-Aid or White-Out, the brand name has come to encompass the item itself, rather than just a specific brand of that item. So while all such electroshock weapons are usually referred to as "tasers," only Taser International actually makes them. This is also why your spellcheck thinks it's wrong.

Regardless, it's "taser/tasered/tasers," with an S.

First, are you writing in the real world, or the future of the real world? Because the word "Taser" technically refers to the electroshock self-defense weapon sold by Taser International. Similar to Band-Aid or White-Out, the brand name has come to encompass the item itself, rather than just a specific brand of that item. So while all such electroshock weapons are usually referred to as "tasers," only Taser International actually makes them. This is also why your spellcheck thinks it's wrong.

Regardless, it's "taser/tasered/tasers," with an S.

Thank you.

I am writing in the future of the real world.