the most useless uses for useful powers

king of nowhere

Well the short answer is no. Depending on exactly how much weight you "lost" while you were storing it, you might be able to float but any kind of walking motion would be pretty difficult. I think it'd be impossible to balance with the water moving around below you. It'd probably be a bit like trying to walk on jelly (if that could hold your weight), only so much worse.

To compare it to something we might have done (unless you walk on jelly a lot :D ) I would say it would be like walking on ice - if you press too hard, you fall through. Plus at that weight i slight gust would blow you away so it isn't very practical, but then I guess the thread's name excuses that.

To compare it to something we might have done (unless you walk on jelly a lot :D ) I would say it would be like walking on ice - if you press too hard, you fall through. Plus at that weight i slight gust would blow you away so it isn't very practical, but then I guess the thread's name excuses that.

I like it - an even better comparison might be if the ice were made of jelly! :lol: (Also tastier)

And even if you are light enough, the surface is constantly jiggling and moving. It would be like trying to walk on the trampoline while six sumo wrestlers are jumping on it.

I'm not really in physics and stuff but would you be able to walk on water while storing weight?

A pewter/iron Twinborn who had gone savant in pewter might be able to store enough weight and gain enough strength to run a short distance across the surface of water, the way a basilisk lizard does. But the math on this seriously stretches the limits of both Allomantic pewter and Feruchemical iron -if a normal human's strength-to-mass ratio is 1, you'd have to get it to about 50- so it may just plain be beyond one or the other. This also doesn't take into account air resistance, which at that size and mass may be too much to overcome.

Also, this isn't really walking on water. It's a dead sprint, and you wouldn't be able to keep it up for more than a few seconds before starting to sink: you might be able to cross a river, but you couldn't stand on the sea.

I'm not really in physics and stuff but would you be able to walk on water while storing weight?

http://www.livescience.com/62-walking-water-insect-secret-revealed.html

You can stand on water with just water tension but it's rather hard to walk. Too easy for your legs to sink in. Insects that walk on water have special superhydrophobic legs that trap air bubbles. These stop you getting wet and make floating easily.

Dump all your memories into a coppermind, including how to get them back.

This one is my favourite.

Go to a 'guess your weight' game with an Ironmind.

Store and tap weight to float/sink when scuba diving instead of swimming.

Awaken everyones shoelaces to tie together.

Awaken a coin to jump away whenever people try to grab it.

Lash yourself and your chair to the ceiling while reading, just because.

spray a Full lashing on the ground just before the finish line of a race.

Place metallic spikes all through your house, pull on them instead of walking.

Eat a lerasium bead and then burn Aluminium.

Ok...

Use Shardplate as your P.E. uniform.

Use Shardblade stuck in the floor as a doorstop

Soulcast your own excrement into food -ultimate couch potato.

Lash skirt edges to armpits, and pants to the shoes

Eat and burn anything aluminium you can get your hands on, just to show that you can

Burn gold while storing memories into coppermind. Then eat coppermind and burn aluminium.

Burn electrum while storing senses.

Use stored sight to look at the stars without telescope, for the whole of 1 second

Burn pewter while watching TV, just to feel the rush.

Burn (lots and lots of) pewter and duralumin to instantly heal a small scratch.

Pewter-drag to work/school instead of using a train. Then use bronze to stay awake in class/office.

Lash your facial hair to the sink instead of shaving, or soulcast them to air.

Soulcast wine to blood when drinking, to win drinking contest.

Edited by Satsuoni

• 2 months later...

tap steel to get to the fridge

soulcast the top of someones chair into urine

do same with underwear

tap pewtwer when closing door fill when opening

tap iron in someone elses car to break suspension

awaken toilet paper with "wipe chull"

I can imagine some potential uses for forging. Perhaps a stamp to get you dressed in the morning? A stamp to make it so you wiped your bum after using the toilet?

Burn atium to get the highscore on pacman.

Use shardarmor to jumpstart a car.

Use illusions from elantris magic rather than getting dressed.

Use a weak reverse lashing to knead dough.

use basic lashing to make yourself weightless, then go para-sailing without a parachute {you could do it with iron feruchemy too)

use atium to win rock-paper-scissors.

use soulcasting to create a solid gold paperweight.

Use a soulstamp to make the water boil faster by changing when the pot was put on the stove.

Slicing bread with a Shardblade.

Soulcasting wood into smoke because you like how it smells.

Using atium (and duralumin) to see what the questions on your test are.

Burning gold to draw a self-portrait.

Steelpushing gas pedals/brakes because it's too much work to do it yourself.

Edited by scorpio003