I for one would like a rough timeline of different areas. For instance, a timeline for California might look like this:

4 AC: Snowfall conquers Sacramento.

8AC: Obliteration destroys San Diego.

10 AC: Meteoric rise of the Pink Pinkness thwarted when a crowd of people say her name ten times fast.

It wouldn't have to be terribly detailed, but an outline of when these events happened would be super helpful.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

So much money I would be willing to pay for this. Actually I would pay more than just money.

806b213b381e803ae13b9ed3f93d8e04.png

See? I'm paying in comics. ;)

While an illustrated guide might not be the best place for this, a discourse about some fights between major Epics would also be awesome or nore worthy Reckoner assassinations.

edit: Fixed the comic's size. :ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer

I also support this very much. Information like this is available, to a lesser extent, in the Ars Arcanums present in the cosmere books. Something like this for the Reckonersverse would enlighten fans exceedingly. I know that at least those of us present in the Oregon RP would die for such a book and likely many other fans of Mr. Sanderson. Would something like a Kickstarter help with this project? 

This is less likely, but were this to happen, how opposed would Brandon be to including certain cameos of unnamed fan-created Epics, not that I'm thinking of any in particular. :P 

I also support this very much. Information like this is available, to a lesser extent, in the Ars Arcanums present in the cosmere books. Something like this for the Reckonersverse would enlighten fans exceedingly. I know that at least those of us present in the Oregon RP would die for such a book and likely many other fans of Mr. Sanderson. Would something like a Kickstarter help with this project?

This is less likely, but were this to happen, how opposed would Brandon be to including certain cameos of unnamed fan-created Epics, not that I'm thinking of any in particular. :P

Edgedancer's Epics already offered to conquer the world for him. I'm not sure how mine could possibly make a better offer, but cameos would be....I was going to say they'd be nice, but who am I kidding? I'd never stop squealing in glee. :P

Edgedancer's Epics already offered to conquer the world for him. I'm not sure how mine could possibly make a better offer, but cameos would be....I was going to say they'd be nice, but who am I kidding? I'd never stop squealing in glee. :P

Altermind and Corpsemaker have already claimed parts of one of the largest cities in the Northwest, so I don't see how they could not be mentioned. :P 

Altermind and Corpsemaker have already claimed parts of one of the largest cities in the Northwest, so I don't see how they could not be mentioned. :P

Oh! I just thought of a suitable bribe! If our fanon characters get cameos, we will make sure to namedrop every single one of his Cosmere books in our RP. I've always thought CorpseMaker might enjoy the first Mistborn book, for example, and I can see Nathan enjoying Warbreaker quite a bit. :P 

The cameos don't have to be anything fancy, really. Just "She called herself Doctor Funtimes." "….seriously?" :P 

It'd be amazing, but it probably won't happen.

Sadly I must concur with TwiLyght. While the Bandersnatch has previously namedropped faithful fans in his works (Mistborn books in particular), these namedrops have occurred almost exclusively because the fan in question won some form of contest.

Which is understandable--if our beloved author included the names or characters of all his fans in his books, the novels would be little more than glossaries of names and terms. But it does make it unlikely that Calamity will actually feature the names of any fan or fan-made characters.

As for the main topic: I could also support a few smaller articles about elements of the Reckonerverse that aren't specifically related to any one Epic. An article on the Knighthawk Foundry, for instance, or about the workings and beliefs of the Faithful.

Sadly I must concur with TwiLyght. While the Bandersnatch has previously namedropped faithful fans in his works (Mistborn books in particular), these namedrops have occurred almost exclusively because the fan in question won some form of contest.

Which is understandable--if our beloved author included the names or characters of all his fans in his books, the novels would be little more than glossaries of names and terms. But it does make it unlikely that Calamity will actually feature the names of any fan or fan-made characters.

As for the main topic: I could also support a few smaller articles about elements of the Reckonerverse that aren't specifically related to any one Epic. An article on the Knighthawk Foundry, for instance, or about the workings and beliefs of the Faithful.

"Then I ran into Kieth from Kentucky who said he loved my metaphors. Before I could say thank you, Ashley from Portland added, 'In a completely ironic way, of course.'"

Yeah, incessant name dropping would make Calamity weird. :P

I would LOVE an article on the Faithful. A description of one of their services, whether or not there are any clandestine communities of them, how their beliefs have changed since the Capitulation Act, how they viewed Calamity when it first rose....I think of all the many fascinsting things in this series, a religion that exists in spite of all evidence contradicting their core beliefs is among the most fascinsting and enigmatic.

• 4 months later...

Great, now we only have to wait until there's an opening in Brandon's work plan... in like half a decade. On the upside, he might just write a collection of Novellas telling stories about the most important Epics to get into the topic before/while he works on it.

The one with Conflux and the pugs, and perhaps a few with Obliteration. Not sure which ones--oh! And Kobold's dramatic summary of Firefight with David and Prof. :ph34r:

To be honest, I'd be interested in some novellas about Steelheart, like what exactly happened with Faultline and how Megan ended up as his fake bodyguard. (Literally, the only reason I can think of why is that Steelheart was afraid that an actual bodyguard might come into a position to backstab him, which would make sense given his paranoia but I'd still like the story behind that.)

• Chaos locked this topic