Emperors Soul Movie

He's mentioned that the rights have been sold before, but he also gave you guys more information, I believe. One, he didn't explain how Emperor's Soul would look as a movie (or what they were planning). That's cool to know that more's coming out of the deal. It seems that someone's a total Sanderdork at that studio, now.

Source

Edited by Nymp

his books havve been optioned as movies several times and nothing ever came of it. before getting excited, wait until you are sure that the movie will be made and it will be good quality. personally, to me that means waiting until I'm watching the end titles on the screen.

that said, tes could stand a better chance than other of his books; it's short enough that it can be adapted more easily, and does not require too much explanations.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be happy to see Any Sanderson adapted into *Anything*.

I think the Emperor's Soul could be adapted into Theatre rather well...

And I KNOW Elantris has a few fantasy Cliche's in it - but that would make it ideally suited to a Musical Adaption...

Meh. I am slipping into madness at this point...

I like where this is going actually.

• 6 months later...

I always assumed Emperor's Soul would work better as a stage play (musical numbers on the minor side).  Stage trickery has easily advanced enough for things like the spontaneous mural and the pit trap, not to mention that you can refocus it onto being a character study of the central cast of Shai, Gaotona, Frava, and Ashravan very easily if you cut out the fight scenes.  

• Chaos locked this topic