Lift is not the only one.

Cam

Full feruchemists can store nourishment in a metalmind, and then convert it to a Nicrosil mind as investiture.

If they are also a compounder of either of the two necessary metals, you have a HyperLift, the most awesome thing ever to live

How do you convert nourishment into investiture? Can "modern" Feruchemists convert from one metal mind to another? Nourishment is Bendalloy, Investiture is Nicrosil, and Sazed never once did any converting even when it would have been useful... did I miss something?

I think this would work only if the Feruchemist could also compound Bendalloy, because when a metalmind is ingested it becomes a burnable source of Investiture. Though maybe this could work as you suggested? We really don't know enough about Nicrosil to say for sure, do we?

How do you convert nourishment into investiture? Can "modern" Feruchemists convert from one metal mind to another? Nourishment is Bendalloy, Investiture is Nicrosil, and Sazed never once did any converting even when it would have been useful... did I miss something?

He is assuming that the Baseline in the MAG is correct on how the Fmetals work.

I happen to agree with him but most people don't

Oh, it's something from the MAG. Got it. So it says you can convert metalminds?

Yes, according to the MAG you can essentially use feruchemical Nicrosil to convert something stored in a metalmind in pure Investure and then use that to power your other metalminds.

Edited by Edgedancer

Yes, according to the MAG you can essentially use feruchemical Nicrosil to convert something stored in a metalmind in pure Investure and then use that to power your other metalminds.

Ah, so by using the fact that what you've stored is "investiture," a nicrosilmind can be used to convert. Interesting. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

But in AoL, there are only necrosill alone, maybe a twinborn, so storing investiture would be useless unless you are working in tandem with another feruchemist, as you can't access the other metalminds, even if you did charge it. Pleas corect me if I am wrong.

No you're correct. Much like an aluminum mistling is not all that useful on its own from what we know via the AoL books Nicrosil is not very useful without both the alomantic and feruchemical powers.

Thats actually something I would like to see in book elaborated on though as being human mean you do have some Innate investiture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic