17th Shard/Switzerland

Caladcholg

Not a huge theory or idea, but it popped into my little brainpan.  If the 17th shard is all about non-intervention, can they act as a objective 3rd party of the Cosmere?  Politically neutral.  As in maybe they witnessed or brokered the Oathpact, as it involves multiple Cosmere entities(especially since the Heralds are non-Rosharians).  And that this is part of what they are worried that Hoid is going to jeopardize?  Feel free to shoot down =P

And here I thought this was about a forum get-together in Switzerland. :P

I like this idea. I don't know how plausible it is, considering how little information we have on their purpose and activities, but I could see them filling this capacity. Assuming that they don't have a particularly vested interest in the welfare of some Shards or planets over others.

Something like the oathpact isn´t exactly "not involving themselves" so I doubt they put their fingerprints on it. They might go around and keep tabs on the other worldhoppers, so they don´t cause any big problems.

By the way, has it been confirmed know that the Heralds aren´t originally from Roshar? I think I can remember something about all of them comming from the same world but not which one.

I'd just like to point out that we don't know that the Heralds are non-Rosharan.

Edgedancer is correct. They are all from the same place. The place has been consistently RAFOd. Sorry no quotes. I'm on mobile. Just tag-search "heralds" on Theoryland.

Edit: Here they are.

One.

Two. Relevant Quote:

QUESTION
Were the heralds born on Roshar?
BRANDON SANDERSON
RAFO

Three.

Edited by inexorablePanda

• Chaos locked this topic