Okay, usually I just glance around the website but I think I can actually help with this thread. I've been an Alcatraz fan since 2007 so lets see how much I remember.

Book #1:

Oculatory Lenses: a.ka Primary Lenses, they are the basic pair of lenses that are used by every Oculator. Their main purpose is to help the wearer connect their subconscious thoughts with their surroundings. The lenses cause an "attention aura (usually wiggling or fuzzing of an object) to help the Oculator notice it. It also helps detect the power of other lenses and oculators by giving off auras clouds. These are redish (or pinkish according to Alcatraz) tinted.

Trackers Lenses: these allow the wearer to see footprint from the people around them. The better they know the person, the longer, and brighter, the footprints will stay around. Family member's footprints stay around for a long time, no matter how little is actually known about them. These are yellow tinted.

(For fun, here are a list of all footprints mentioned: Alcatraz: white/red, Grandpa Smedry: bright white, Attica Smedry: brighter version of Al, Shasta Smedry: black/yellow, Bastille Dartmoor: red, Sing Sing: blue, Australia: puffy pink, Kazan: blue, Draulin: grey, Blackburn: black.)

Firebringers Lenses: when switched on, which only takes a small amount of concentration or power, they gather the light around them and shoot it out in concentrated beams. They are clear with a dot of red at the center of each lense.

Shockbringer's Lenses: causes a flash of light that knocks out anyone who it looking at the Oculator. The tint of this lense is unknown.

Tortureres Lenses: when an Oculator looks through these and focuses on a part of an ememies body, they can make them feel intense agony. It takes five seconds to do any permanent damage. They are green with black tints.

Translators Lenses: a.k.a the Lenses of Rashid, they can translate any language, tongue or code to the wearer's native language. These are incredibly rare and Attica Smedry was able to smelt two pairs of them. As far as the reader knows, these are untinted.

Oracles Lenses: these lenses let the wearer see into the future but are not very reliable. There are two pair in existence. One is/was owned by Attica Smedry and the other is hidden away by the prophets of Ventat.

Harriers Lenses: these were mentioned but never explained or used.

Book #2:

Couriers Lenses: the allow two people to communicate over short distances. When they are used an image of the other person appears infront of the Oculator. They have a baby blue tint.

Windstormers Lenses: they have the ability to shoot out jets of wind. They are green tinted.

Frostbringers Lenses: they have the ability to shoot out waves/jets of ice. They are blue tinted.

Discerners Lenses: they have the ability to tell how old something is. If it is old, it will glow with a dull color. If it is new, then it will glow with a bright white light. The tint of this lense is unknown.

Voidstormers Lenses: they use low air pressure to pull objects closer to the Oculator. The tint of this lense is unknown.

Truthfinders Lense: these are a very rare type of lense, almost mythical. They have the ability to tell whether a person is lying or not. When a person is telling the truth, their breath is seen as white fog. When they are lying, bugs/black critters spew from their mouths. This lense is clear. (This lense is found in Book #2 but is not used until Book #3)

Book #3:

Disguisers Lense: when an Oculator focuses on the image of a person (or an object) in their head, they appear as that person. However, the glasses appear in any disguise used which makes them less powerful. They have a violet tint to them.

*Fitzroy is wearing a pair of green and orange stripped glasses when he walks into the Royal Archives (Not a Library) but it was never shown was they do.*

Book #4:

Bestowers Lenses: these lenses allow the Oculator to "give" an ability, feeling or physical power, to anyone that they focus on. They do have limitations because after the lenses are used, any damage or fatigue taken in by the Oculator comes crashing back. They are very powerful lense and difficult to use. According to Bastille no one understands how they work perfectly. These lenses have purple and green tints.

The website that was shared had another lense called a Transcribers Lense which I don't remember ever being mentioned. They sound very similar to the Translators Lense.

I hope this helps whoever was looking for a list of lenses. I hope I didn't miss any!

Dramatus' list is nearly complete.

There are a pair of unnamed lenses that Blackburn uses in Book 1, these cause a screeching beam of sound (maybe these are Harrier's Lenses?)

Transcriber's Lenses are real, they are what Grandpa used in Book 2 to send a note to Australia. They seem to behave like Courier's Lenses but with written instead of spoken messages.

Finally there are Warrior's Lenses, though it could be argued these are much less like the other lenses and more like the magical types of Glass.

I'm betting that everyone has a little bit of oculator in the them, but only the most pure lines can use the most difficult lenses. The Warrior's Lenses take a long time to learn how to use.

Thanks for all of the info! If you have any lenses to use in updating, please post them here. I'll get to the coppermind soon and get all this in there.

Edited by Arthur Dent

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • AonEne locked this topic