Favourite Character of Warbreaker

Slater

Favorite Character in Warbreaker  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character in Warbreaker

• 2 months later...

Lightsong was like the male lazy Lift, and I enjoyed his philosophies. You've gotta love the scenes with him and Blushweaver. And him, handing her a sheet of what their conversation was going to be was hilarious. BS perfected the random uselessness and his final act of kindness to Susebron was heart warming.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, Quantus said:

Llarimar for me. I guess you could consider him an adjunct to Lightsong, but there interaction is some of my favorite of the whole cosmere, and gun-to-my-head Id have to say that Llarimar is my favorite of the two. 

The payoff to their arc is one of the best things in all of all Brandon's works. Also the scene close to the end where Llarimar finally lashes out at Lightsong "You were an ACCOUNTANT ... you were one of the greatest men I've ever known. You were my brother".  "you are a god, at least to me." I get teared up thinking about it and I'm not the type to very often. 

I have to choose Nightblood even though it feels like a cheat. Brandon does magical companions really well, I love all the radiant Spren we've met. Nightblood's cheery optimism about dark deeds plays well against Vasher's world-weary cynicism. 

Edited by Child of Hodor

I personally chose Vasher because I like the mysterious ways his character works, and his strange backstory. If Shashara was up there, I would've chosen her. I'd like to see her motivation for creating Nightblood, and her descent into (what I assume is) madness. And they're both Cosmere-significant! 

22 minutes ago, Child of Hodor said:

I have to choose Nightblood even though it feels like a cheat. Brandon does magical companions really well, I love all the radiant Spren we've met. Nightblood's cheery optimism about dark deeds plays well against Vasher's world-weary cynicism. 

Same here on the love of his magical companions, and for this exact reason I was thinking of Nightblood the entire time I was watching the new Venom movie. If you havent seen it I suspect you will enjoy it.

I loved Denth, but to be honest this book did grab really grab my attention with the characters. Its probably due to Siri taking up a good portion of the book and I found her POV pretty boring. I also liked Vivienna and her character growth. I wish that she could have been more focused on over Siri. I don't hate Siri and the story was still pretty good. Can't wait for the sequel and get more details on Vasher, Vivenna, and Nightblood.:D

Vasher + 1

He doesn't "do people" very well but he is learned and his heart is in the right place.  Mostly, I dig his grumpy demeanor and efficiency/proficiency/general badassery with with his craft.  Expecting he will be an interesting and enlightening character to follow throughout the Cosmere.

• 1 year later...

In retrospect, I have no idea why I thought a topic like this hadn't been created already... 

I enjoyed the other characters but the one I ended up rooting for was Vivenna. She's the one we really got to know and watch as she developed into her own person.

Edited by Honorless

• 3 weeks later...

This poll strikes me as almost unfair to most of the characters, since Lightsong and Nightblood are both in this book.

Lightsong is one of my favorite characters in any book, period, and probably my favorite of any of Brandon's characters (though Kaladin is way up there for entirely different reasons). I love the dynamic of him being a god who doesn't believe in gods, I think he's hilarious, and honestly his internal struggles are fascinating. I think, most of all, though, I'm super impressed by how 

Spoiler

Brandon managed to write such a loveable character that the reader wants to die, and not because of anything wrong with him but because of everything good about him

and that I would probably not have liked him nearly as much as I do if he hadn't.

Nightblood is a runner-up for obvious reasons, but in any book that didn't have both Lightsong and Nightblood in it, Vivenna would deserve a lot more love on here.

On 1/24/2015 at 4:38 PM, Kipper said:

I think I'm in love with Siri.

XD You and everyone else dude, but let's face it, we can't compete with Susebron.

But also, Am I the only one that isn't fawning over Lightsong? He was fine, I liked him, but I feel like EVERYONE just wishes they were in his bed.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chanarach said:

Guess us Vivenna fans are outnumbered. ;;

Vivenna is really unlikeable at the beginning with her posturing, and it's honestly really satisfying seeing all that stuff happen to her and throw her down a peg. Have a feeling she'll be a far more likable character as Azure.

34 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Vivenna is really unlikeable at the beginning with her posturing, and it's honestly really satisfying seeing all that stuff happen to her and throw her down a peg. Have a feeling she'll be a far more likable character as Azure.

Oh, I love azure too. I see where you're coming from.  I just felt bad for her, and then proud of her - the journey from the book's opening to the climax with Vasher.  I really need Brandon to write Nightblood.  

Just now, Chanarach said:

Oh, I love azure too. I see where you're coming from.  I just felt bad for her, and then proud of her - the journey from the book's opening to the climax with Vasher.  I really need Brandon to write Nightblood.  

You and me both. And i really hope there is more Azure and Vasher in RoW. I need to see where that is going!

4 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

You and me both. And i really hope there is more Azure and Vasher in RoW. I need to see where that is going!

Oh gawd, me too, azure is a total badass. I got some cognitive dissonance between Nalthis and Roshan skill levels. Like Vasher is a master swordsman to modern Rosharans but he was the worst duelist among the scholars.  Hard to wrap my head around sometimes. 

Woah, why so little love for Denth? That man is easily one of the coolest villains Sanderson has written- and that’s really saying something! Charismatic, intelligent, and morally conflicted- what isn’t to like about him?

Mind you, Denth is played by Nathan Fillion in my head, so I may be very biased...

21 hours ago, Chanarach said:

I got some cognitive dissonance between Nalthis and Roshan skill levels. Like Vasher is a master swordsman to modern Rosharans but he was the worst duelist among the scholars.  Hard to wrap my head around sometimes. 

It's immortality skill levels. You can get really, really good at something if you have a hundred years to practice.

Normal humans get maybe 20 years of being "in their prime" physically. At around age 18 is when someone's first physically strong enough to really be a swordsman, and by the late 30s people start physically declining. Immortals can stay at their physical peak for much longer. So yeah, not surprising that someone who's been training as a swordsman for 100 years is going to be be better than literally anyone who's only been a swordsman for a paltry few decades.

I'd guess Heralds would also be even more ridiculously good, if they weren't all storming insane.

Edited by ftl

7 minutes ago, ftl said:

It's immortality skill levels. You can get really, really good at something if you have a hundred years to practice.

Normal humans get maybe 20 years of being "in their prime" physically. At around age 18 is when someone's first physically strong enough to really be a swordsman, and by the late 30s people start physically declining. Immortals can stay at their physical peak for much longer. So yeah, not surprising that someone who's been training as a swordsman for 100 years is going to be be better than literally anyone who's only been a swordsman for a paltry few decades.

I'd guess Heralds would also be even more ridiculously good, if they weren't all storming insane.

Oh, I know exactly why it is, it is just weird for my brain sometimes. And yes, the Heralds are some of the best ever, perhaps even while insane. I really need to see the day of proving in a flashback.  

• 1 month later...