Favourite Character of Warbreaker

Slater

Favorite Character in Warbreaker  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character in Warbreaker

I'm surprised how few voted for Denth. First impressions obviously Vasher is sweet but Denth grew on me throughout the book. Lightsong was really cool too but his character seemed similar to mistborn's Elend and Wax who I like but aren't my favorite.

• 2 months later...

Just finished my re-read, love so many characters from this book. Love Lightsong and after my initial read last year I probably would've gone with him, but now I'm going to go with Vasher. Just love that character type. Denth might be the best villain Sanderson has ever done though, and Nightblood makes my life every time he talks. He kinda gives Vasher some bonus points though so I'm going with him. The book IS named after him after all.

33 minutes ago, Radiant Returned said:

Denth might be the best villain Sanderson has ever done though

Denth is great but I have such a love for how well Hrathen was written in Elantris that I find it hard to decide which is the superior villain. Sanderson is so good at making likable antagonists!

14 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

Denth is great but I have such a love for how well Hrathen was written in Elantris that I find it hard to decide which is the superior villain. Sanderson is so good at making likable antagonists!

I think Ruin is probably the best out of all of them. Never felt so much intrigue and overwhelming villain compared to others. (maybe this would change once Sanderson reveals how Odium the most dangerous shard works in stormlight)

One of the few times that i'm reading a book that i actually feel like the hurdle that the protagonist face is impossible. I mean tampering communication itself is something else. 

Warbreaker is hands down my favorite Sanderson book and a large part of the reason why is there are so many awesome characters. Lightsong, Siri, Vasher, Nightblood, Vivenna, Susebron... they are all amazing characters. I honestly don't think I can pick a favorite.

Edited by vividox

After discovering Brandon because of the Wheel of Time, Warbreaker was the fist non-WoT novel of his I read because it was available online for free, though I bought the Kindle version before I finished it for the better reading experience. Lightson is my favorite, probably because of the sacrifice he makes at the end, and then Vasher. Now I own a copy of everything Brandon has published as an eBook (so glad Alcatraz was re-released).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a sucker for witty characters, proven by the fact that some of my favorite characters in the Stormlight Archive are Wit and Shallan. And so, of course, there was a struggle between Nightblood and Lightsong. In the end Lightsong won, simply because I love his character idea, and he had a great part in the end of the book.

Spoiler

Plus, we likely get to see more of Nightblood next book, so I feel like I'm paying a sort of homage to Lightsong.

From a writer's perspective, Lightsong's a great character to learn how to reproduce witty remarks from, while Nightblood has a slightly more childish humor. (I realized later that Nightblood isn't 'witty,' per say. Still love him though!) Taking all that into account, my vote goes to Lightsong the Bold!

And, yes, I overthought this.

Edited by Tariniel

• 1 year later...
On 24/01/2015 at 8:13 PM, Slater said:

Me personally? I deeply feel that Lightsong is one of the greatest characters Brandon has ever created and it will always hurt me a little that we only had him for one book and never got to see him interact with Nightblood.

My two favourite characters from Warbreaker are Lightsong and Siri. I thought they both brought some lightness to what was a dark storyline at times.

Least favourite has to be Bluefingers although I can’t really explain why <_<

I voted for Denth, but him and Lightsong are very close.  It might just depend on the moment on who’s my favorite.  Personally, if I would love to hang out with Lightsong.  Denth’s not a good person, but he sure is funny and great.  Also I couldn’t stand Vivenna’s chapters until Denth showed up.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28.6.2018 at 3:51 PM, elinox said:

When I first started reading it, I thought Vivenna was going to annoy me the whole book. But by the end, I really enjoyed her character development.

Same here. At the beginning I found it hard reading her chapters, but at the end I looked forward to them. The way she evolved was great and I love the person she was at the end of the book. So I'll go with Vivenna, as for me she changed the most and was all in all the most interessting character to read about.

With my second favourite one I also go with the sword - sorry Siri/ Lightsong you come third.

Lightsong is not my favorite, but he was pretty awesome. He was just so freaking hilarious.

Vivenna is definitely my favorite though. Her first few chapters were a little slow at first, but I quickly grew to love reading her chapters. It was so interesting to see her grow as a characters. That's what makes me love her so much. Most of the other characters stayed relatively the same throughout the book, but she had the most character growth.