Favourite Character of Warbreaker

Slater

Favorite Character in Warbreaker  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character in Warbreaker

I liked Vivenna!

Yay, another Vivenna fan!  :D She's always been my favourite Warbreaker character.

(And my favourite Idrian princess :ph34r:)

Warbreaker spoiler

And although he's not likeable in a conventional sense, Denth was always very engaging and fascinatingly twisted. Shout out to the well-written villains of the cosmere!

Like in every single one of Sanderson's works, all of the characters are great: witty, emotional, and, arguably most importantly, believable. As such, I loved every protagonist-type character in Warbreaker, and each had their own quirks.

Vasher, however, was my favourite: he was so much of an enigma, and at the end, when all was revealed, very captivating. That raw power that Vasher has, additionally, draws you in, and yet I felt sympathy for him as his struggles were revealed. Other characters, those like Lightsong and Nightblood were arguably more humorous, witty, or even more interesting, but I found Vasher's character, as well as the way his storyline and character arc tied in with Vivenna's, what kept me reading Warbreaker to the very end.

All in all, I found the entire novel a great read, a great example of Sanderson's art, and a novel full of amazing characters.

• 4 weeks later...

I really really really liked Lightsong. I mean...wow. I can't even find the right words to encapsulate all the things I liked about him, he was just. so. perfect.

And Nightblood ran a close second because who could resist that mix of adorable and evil? xD (Though really everyone was great, Susiri was the sweetest thing EVER, and I loved all the mercenary humor at the beginning.)

I really really really liked Lightsong. I mean...wow. I can't even find the right words to encapsulate all the things I liked about him, he was just. so. perfect.

And Nightblood ran a close second because who could resist that mix of adorable and evil? xD (Though really everyone was great, Susiri was the sweetest thing EVER, and I loved all the mercenary humor at the beginning.)

Did you just call a destroyer of evil "evil"?

:o

Did you just call a destroyer of evil "evil"?

:o

Erm. Looks like it? 0=D But what other adjective should one use when its first words to Vivenna were something along the lines of "Hello, do you want to kill someone today?" Twisted might work, I suppose. *shrugs* xD

Its not easy to pick just one favorite character because they are all interesting, but as I impatiently waited for Vasher's apparitions since the beginning I voted for him (I usually like the scholars and warriors the best in a story; Vasher being both has to be on my top-list of favorites :))

I wish this was multiple choice. 

If I could have, I would have picked both Lightsong and Blushweaver. Not only were the conversations between the 2 absolutely hilarious, but I loved how they could get along without getting along. Both of the characters were interesting alone, but together, they were flawless.

• 3 months later...

Lightsong is my favorite, hands down. Then Siri, then Vasher, then Vivenna. (Something about her reminded me of pre-character development Sansa Stark, and I found pre-character development Sansa Stark grating, arrogant, and arrrgh where is your clue-by-four already?). However, I do see why Brandon might look forward to writing the Vivenna we saw at the end of the story, because I'm interested in reading her story.

EDIT: Siri and Vasher are tied for second for me. I just know I loved Lightsong, I hated Princess Vivenna, and I liked the other two.

Edited by Landis963

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I'm kind of surprised at the lack of love for Susebron. While I prefer Vivenna's character and arc, I found the twists related to the God Kings interesting, and Susebron was a neat character... not to mention that his and Siri's romance is, for me, the best-written romance in the cosmere novels thus far.

I also really loved Susebron. For the reasons you stated. It was a twist I definitely didn' t see coming. Lightsong however just made me laugh far too often and I'm a sucker for well written comedy in books. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I try to avoid having thoughts. They lead to other thoughts, and-if you're not careful-those lead to actions.

Actions make you tired. I have this on rather good authority from someone who once read it in a book." Lightsong.

This is my favourite quote by Lightsong. He's my favourite character because he's so funny and he wants to do the right thing so badly, also he has questioned himself.

huge warbreaker spoiler

when he died I was like:" why all my favourite characters have to die!?!"

Edited by AnikoliNightmareVision

• 3 weeks later...