Kobold King

I searched around a bit, but I couldn't find any other topics for showing off awesome desktop backgrounds. So I made this.

For a while I used the amazing Shallan endpapers from Words of Radiance. But more recently I switched to a fantastic piece by MicrocosmicEcology on DeviantArt.

It's called "The Ovi Return," and it depicts the artist's conception of a fictional species of sapient dinosaur. The picture is beautiful, illustrating a perfectly designed Oviraptor-like dinosaur holding a spear, standing over a majestic and exotic desert environment. The image fits my interests and my artistic preferences in ways I can't gush over enough.

How 'bout you guys? Anyone else have superb desktop images you completely adore? Feel like sharing?

I've got this. I'm a huge, huge Assassin's Creed fan (and not having enough money to get PS4 to play AC;Unity is really painful for me), and I always have some AC concept art on my desktop. I have the whole bunch of them, and I just change them from time to time. ;D

Edited by Pestis the Spider

I've usually always done random Space or Science pictures, either awesome looking cosmological structures, or otherwise cool looking stuff of that theme.

....that being said, I've had the cover art for WoR as my desktop ever since the final version for the book was revealed.... (so like 2-3+ months before it came out...) XD I've been currently contemplating what I would want as a new one. :P (Probably going to go space-theme again)

I've usually always done random Space or Science pictures, either awesome looking cosmological structures, or otherwise cool looking stuff of that theme.

....that being said, I've had the cover art for WoR as my desktop ever since the final version for the book was revealed.... (so like 2-3+ months before it came out...) XD I've been currently contemplating what I would want as a new one. :P (Probably going to go space-theme again)

You should check out the one I posted above.

For several years (and across at least 3 computers now), I have been using a picture of the Cliffs of Moher that someone in my family took on our trip to Ireland (camera got passed around a bit, so unsure who took it)  I don't feel like trying to upload it somewhere, but it is basically This though a bit worse quality

My background is actually a slide show of game images. When I spend a lot of time in a game, or really like it, etc, I often put an image of the game into the slideshow. I try to pick a screenshot that makes me want to play the game. It can be useful for trying to pick a game to play on occasion.

Ok, there is one image that isn't from a game:

post-6879-0-10165500-1422534983_thumb.jp

Cos, you know, Elsa.

Anything that elicits that strong an emotional response from me deserves it's own spot.

• 3 months later...

The one on my tablet is The Bride from Kill Bill in a dress with the katana (it says its from the soundtrack album), but my laptop wallpaper is Furiosa and Max against the most amazing blue you've ever seen. I love the Mad Max movies and can't wait to see Fury Road. It looks amazing. However, I can't seem to figure out how to attach photos on here.

• 2 months later...

My computer account desktop cycles between different scenes from nature but This is my favorite by far.

For my iPod, I have the thumbnail below. It's so pretty and inspirational.

Honestly? That link, what I thought was "Oooh, pretty leaves. Wait. Is that -- FAR OVER THE MISTY MOUNTAINS COLD!"

Anyways, my desktop currently is this:

serenity.png

Edited by Slowswift