I Found an Error, I Think

Blaze1616

LINK

In this section, the last sentence reads "Unlike Shardblades, which remain when their holder dies,[9] Honorblades vanish when their owner dies[10], so as Taln's Blade did not vanish, he was still alive." I was not aware of/forgot the Honorblades vanishing when their owners die tidbit, so I followed the source link (#10), and the source reads "Szeth's honorblade did not vanish upon death."

Um...how is this a source? If anything, it is an anti-source...

This is because:

QUESTION

Can someone bond more than one Honorblade?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Honorblade? You can't bond an Honorblade, though it can be given to you. Shardblades, however, come from a spren bond and it is possible to bond more than one.

By default, Szeth was not bound to his honorblade. My guess is the honorblades are permanently bound to their heralds, and so they go back to Damnation when the heralds do. Since 9 of the heralds stayed on Roshar, the blades did too. Seth just happened to be using one (and was able to summon it - not a minor point. My guess is that was an artefact of how Szeth cognitively viewed the blade), but when he died, the blade stuck around, because Jezrien didn't die.

This is because:

QUESTION

BRANDON SANDERSON

Honorblade? You can't bond an Honorblade, though it can be given to you. Shardblades, however, come from a spren bond and it is possible to bond more than one.

By default, Szeth was not bound to his honorblade. My guess is the honorblades are permanently bound to their heralds, and so they go back to Damnation when the heralds do. Since 9 of the heralds stayed on Roshar, the blades did too. Seth just happened to be using one (and was able to summon it - not a minor point. My guess is that was an artefact of how Szeth cognitively viewed the blade), but when he died, the blade stuck around, because Jezrien didn't die.

Actually, it was later clarified:

QUESTION 

BRANDON SANDERSON
Honorblade?  You can't bond an Honorblade, though it can be given to you. Shardblades, however, come from a spren bond and it is possible to bond more than one.

Footnote
Later clarified, Brandon misunderstood the question. One may be bound to multiple Honorblades.
Edited by Pestis the Spider