Character problems

Slowswift

So I don't see a lot of "here's an idea" or "help me with this" posts in the Brandon fanfiction section, but as my problem is Stormlight-related I'll put it here.

I had some great help with a magic problem some time ago, and though I haven't written that story yet, the help I received was invaluable.

This time, my problem is character-related. I'm working on a fanfic for the Stormlight Archive and my character is eventually going to end up as a Radiant (quelle surprise). The problem is that I was maybe going to have him be a Stoneward, but they exemplify strength, dependability, and resolve.

See, he and his father were soldiers in Dalinar's army. After Sadeas' betrayal, his father died and he (the character in question) retreated into a shell and got reassigned to scouting duty. This doesn't really fit for the Stonewards.

So yeah, help finding an Order and possibly other help would be appreciated, thanks.

So I don't see a lot of "here's an idea" or "help me with this" posts in the Brandon fanfiction section, but as my problem is Stormlight-related I'll put it here.

I had some great help with a magic problem some time ago, and though I haven't written that story yet, the help I received was invaluable.

This time, my problem is character-related. I'm working on a fanfic for the Stormlight Archive and my character is eventually going to end up as a Radiant (quelle surprise). The problem is that I was maybe going to have him be a Stoneward, but they exemplify strength, dependability, and resolve.

See, he and his father were soldiers in Dalinar's army. After Sadeas' betrayal, his father died and he (the character in question) retreated into a shell and got reassigned to scouting duty. This doesn't really fit for the Stonewards.

So yeah, help finding an Order and possibly other help would be appreciated, thanks.

Well, you could make that his character arc. Like Kal has to learn to protect people before he can swear an oath and become a Radiant, and it's hard for him even though it's a basic part of his personality. So maybe your character is generally dependable and resolved, and lost those traits temporarily due to grief etc, and then has to find it again to properly become a KR.