Theme Songs

gjustice99

• 2 weeks later...

This is War by 30 Seconds to mars fits just about anything with the exceptions being the books set on Sel and Nalthis, and the Rithmatist (I know it fits Reckoners but idk about the other non cosmere books)

Edited by gjustice99

I don't know why, but I have always found that song to fit him. Especially since he tells Vin that although they are Mistborn, they are still human. I just heard it and thought that it fit Kelsier and the general Mistborn spirit.

Doomsday by Globus just fits Ruin, and the general Hero of Ages plot. Same with End of All Hope by Nightwish.

"The Troll King's Dream" by Julia Ecklar for the Lord Ruler.

"The Female of the Species" by Leslie Fish, lyrics adapted from Rudyard Kipling, for Vin.

"Going Back" by Julia Ecklar for the more violent skaa rebels.

"The Carter's War Song" by Heather Dale for the Alethi people.

"The Face Within" from Heralds, Harpers, and Havoc for Vasher.

"Swordsman" by Michael Loncor for the Blackthorn.

"Brun" by Garmarna for Straff Venture.

"The Captive" by Heather Alexander for Siri, at least at the beginning of the book. 

Edited by Dankworth

I can't believe no one's suggested "Look Down" for the bridgemen. It fits perfectly.

"I've Gotta Crow" from the Peter Pan musical for Lift. (Never seen it. Never even heard the soundtrack. Just heard someone sing it for an audition. She was pretty good at it, too.)

Edited by mistrunner

• 1 month later...

"Bad moon rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival for Renarin.

Sample lyrics:

"I hear hurricanes a blowing.

I know the end is coming soon.

I fear rivers over flowing.

I hear the voice of rage and ruin."

"Nemo" by Nightwish for Vin

Sample lyrics:

"This is me for forever

One of the lost ones

The one without a name

Without an honest heart as compass"

So, I was listening to the songs on this list, and accidentally left autoplay on... leading me to this.

Does "Broken Arrow" sound like Vin's assessment of herself to/and about Elend? 

(Yes, ha ha, the guy with the Arrow themed username and picture is talking about broken arrows)

Edited by Quiver

Rest Calm by Nightwish for Vin and Kelsier.

And while we're at it Last Ride of the Day (by Nightwish) fits the entire Hero of Ages. Like I could probably listen to the instrumental and read the book and it would fit like nearly every moment.

I think this song is pretty fitting for Shallan's background, and some of the lyrics kind of match up (in a twisted way) with how I view her opinion of herself.

The visuals are because it comes from a  japanese game... but I like the style, and some of the visuals -the breaking cup, the artist, the sword- seemed kind of Shallan-esque, so I thought they might be appropriate. Edited by Quiver

centuries by fallout boy for Kelsier - so much yes. Their Inmortals I'm thinking for .... Vin in HoA, Susebron and other God kings "we could be immortals/but not for long".

Kelsier to Mare at Hathsin: Say Something

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds

I've got Little Mix- Little Me for Shallan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wXhMqDotfLk

And Wings for Jasnah to her detractors

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQDsmEqVt8

I was gonna say Only Human for Kaladin at his lowest, but also Shallan, and maybe even Dalinar at the time of Gavilars death.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5yaoMjaAmE

Gaz and Kaladin: Now You're Just Somebody That I Used To Know :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...