So far, my favorite Doctor has been David Tennant as #10. I love his panache and his enthusiasm. Although to be fair, I haven't managed to get through all of #11 yet. (I'm assuming I will absolutely love #13 too!)

My favorite companion is harder to answer as I tend to find most of them annoying, albeit necessary, characters. Rose, probably, for her honesty and love. But I also really respect Donna for not taking any rust from anyone. 

My favorite episodes so far have included: S2, E2 'Tooth and Claw' because werewolves! And also S3, E2 'The Shakespeare Code'. I also enjoyed the Pandorica plot arc because bringing all your villains out to play is awesome! Plus the vashta nerada and the daleks!

• 7 months later...

Yeah, me and my friends have stopped watching doctor who. It was alright when there was a fantastic doctor and bad scripts.
Now, however, we have a bad doctor and bad scripts.
I agree with the unnecessariness of the gender flip, etc, of the new doctor. I think the writers are just trying to ride the wave. 

My favourite are 10 and Donna, even though my favourite episode is probably the family of blood.
I like all of the emotion behind David, plus he had a lot of swag. He also got the best episodes out of any other doctor.

Edited by Servillius

5 hours ago, Servillius said:

Yeah, me and my friends have stopped watching doctor who. It was alright when there was a fantastic doctor and bad scripts.
I agree with the unnecessariness of the gender flip, etc, of the new doctor. I think the writers are just trying to ride the wave. 

My favourite are 10 and Donna, even though my favourite episode is probably the family of blood.
I like all of the emotion behind David, plus he had a lot of swag. He also got the best episodes out of any other doctor.

You know what, I was gonna post a thread necromancy meme, but this feels pretty relevant, and it's only six months dead. So you get spared my wrath!

I feel the same about the post David Tennant bad scripts and bad acting... although I liked Peter Capaldi he had only just been able to drag it back up in the last series with Bill before it was over.

I hate the gender swap and have no interest in watching it. So many people online were so busy being on the 'its a strong woman in sci-fi' band wagon they seem to completely miss the point. It's a woman playing a strong male character, not a strong female character... of which there are plenty in sci-fi already.

What's wrong with starting a series about a new female timelord? or if they aren't brave enough to do that, bring back Susan!

• 1 year later...
On 12/13/2014 at 9:42 PM, DanTheSeamonster said:

who's you favorite Doctor and why?

Who's your favorite companion and why?

What's your favorite story arc?

It need not be said that I am a whovian, just look at the profile pic. 

1. Peter Capaldi, because you may be cool, but you will never be Peter Capaldi standing on a tank while playing a guitar cool.

2. Donna, because of the shear amount of sass.

3. When Peter Capaldi returns to Galifrey, everything from the confession dial to when he looses his memory and we get some of the promise made with his name.

• 9 months later...
On 12/13/2014 at 10:42 PM, DanTheSeamonster said:

My favorite companion is Rory. Just because he's so awesome. He's nice, caring and patient. (Need I remind you of the two thousand years he spent guarding Amy as a plastic Roman Centurion?) He may not be a huge manly man, but he is brave and does whatever it takes to protect Amy.

I agree, Rory is seriously under-appreciated! 

Unfortunately I haven't seen much Doctor Who in a while, but I'm most familiar with the David Tennant (10) and Matt Smith (11) eras.

Hi! God, I love fandom crossovers...

My favourite Doctor is all of them :-p I squeal most when watching 10 and 11' though, but 9 was my first ❤️ and 12 and 13 are really good actors as well. 

I have a Tarifs pillow, sonic sports, my car is named Tardis Gryffindoor (it's a Peugeot), I even got a cyberrmat (from the episode with Stormaggpeddon) for my birthday from my sister.

I have a business idea: Egg timers who ends their countdown by saying Eggs terminated!

Edited by Aphasia85

• 1 month later...

So I’m rewatching Jodie whitticker’s seasons and all the hate it’s getting seems to be a tad faulty. It’s kinda like bill. The episodes were almost never bad and a lot of the time they were actually quite good. They served their purpose and did everything a doctor who episode and season Should do. The only issue is that they brought nothing new to the table. I felt that there wasn’t much special about bill, and I’m feeling there isn’t much that sets jodie’s Doctor from the others-nothing new brought to the table. 

there was the point that it is more like classic who, not new who, which I think has some merit, though.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:39 AM, Embrisk said:

So I’d say Jodie is doing great with what she got. She probably applied to be the next doctor, just like anyone else and got it. There’s nothing wrong with a female doctor. I don’t think the doctor should be specifically male. That is a stupid line of thinking (my bad for being a bit rude, am I rude now?). I know that the new seasons are a bit more in your face about the political messages, and honestly I don’t watch movies and series for that, but it’s a fair way to play things. I think it’s fine as long as it doesn’t mess up the story or episode. That did happen in orphan 55, but otherwise it’s fine.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:06 PM, LouiseSparrow said:

I hate the gender swap and have no interest in watching it. So many people online were so busy being on the 'its a strong woman in sci-fi' band wagon they seem to completely miss the point. It's a woman playing a strong male character, not a strong female character... of which there are plenty in sci-fi already.

What's wrong with starting a series about a new female timelord? or if they aren't brave enough to do that, bring back Susan!

I’d say that the doctor isn’t necessarily a “male character.” I’m all for a gender swap, and it worked so well with missy. You can have your own opinion, but  the doctor functions just fine with a female body and mind. She is still my doctor, just, in my opinion, not the best one. I personally love em all, preferring 10th,11th, and 12th the most. 9th got his fun change out of fatalism and PTSD, though.

I'm not sure I understand the complaint about in-your-face messages as something new. It's true that now it happens more frequently but I'm watching Classic Who and it happens there too. There were some serials with Jon Pertwee that were all about "Hey, stop using plastic and stuff. Global warming." and feminism is a big theme, The Time Monster had this scientific who liked to complain constantly about how men were men and they underestimated women. That one was a bit weirdly represented but then we got Sarah Jane Smith who is awesome. Not to mention the Brigadier is often shown as the poor idiot who doesn't care about ecology.

So yeah, I don't really think the show has changed that much. Only real difference I can spot is that it's much flashier now, but both eras are great.

Edited by Eluvianii

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 10:08 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m sorry I haven’t watched doctor who. Should I watch it?

YES. YEAS YOU SHOULD. IT IS WONDERFUL AND I THINK YOU WILL LOVE IT (as long as you appreciate a whole lot of shenanigans with just a hint of seriousness).

On 2/9/2020 at 8:08 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:
  Hide contents

I’m sorry I haven’t watched doctor who. Should I watch it?

Basically the most versatile show ever. Future, past, different planets, ancient Earth, drama, silliness, comedy, sci-fi, even fantasy if it wants. The premise of the show can justify literally any plot and it could go on literally forever (and it's well on its way to do so), so in a nutshell it's a bunch of adults acting crazy stories written by other adults who were just having fun. If you're into something like that, you're in for a treat.