broken pieces of pottery

dewi

What do the broken pieces of pottery have to do with the beads of larasium? do they somehow create the beads, like the geodes created atium?

I believe there must be some way (other than harnessing the power of the mists) to creating an atium quantity amount of larasium.

What do the broken pieces of pottery have to do with the beads of larasium? do they somehow create the beads, like the geodes created atium?

I believe there must be some way (other than harnessing the power of the mists) to creating an atium quantity amount of larasium.

The broken pieces of pottery were just what the Lerasium beads were stored in, the others were broken because they'd already been taken.

The mists are essentially just another version of Lerasium, that's why it seems like there's way more Atium than Lerasium.

This WoB may be of interest:

Chaos
Why is there such an imbalance between the amount of atium and the amount of lerasium in the world? Also, why are atium and lerasium very imbalanced in Allomantic power (Lerasium is far more useful than atium, really)?

Brandon Sanderson
There isn't. Leras is just spread out further. He is in the mists, in the Well, and in the lerasium. Ruin's power however is considerate strictly in atium.

(source)

The broken pieces of pottery were just what the Lerasium beads were stored in, the others were broken because they'd already been taken.

While Elend did end up breaking the bit of pottery, it wasn't necessary, i don't think. I'm pretty sure the bead was sitting on the dish like a pea on a plate. It's never flat out said one way or another, i don't think, but strongly implied. At the least, the bead was highly visible while the dish was intact.

While Elend did end up breaking the bit of pottery, it wasn't necessary, i don't think. I'm pretty sure the bead was sitting on the dish like a pea on a plate. It's never flat out said one way or another, i don't think, but strongly implied. At the least, the bead was highly visible while the dish was intact.

It seemed to me more like the bottom was completely encased and some of the sides so only part of the top half was visible.  So if you turned it upside down it wouldn't fall out.

• Chaos locked this topic