Hi, I exist and I need book recommendations.

Cosmere

Hey nerds, I'm going through a book dry spell and and I was wondering if any of you know some authors who can compete with Brandon Sanderson's books. I've been craving some good fantasy/sci-fi ever since I finished WoR. 

P.S. If anyone wants a rec, I really liked Patrick Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicle

Hey nerds, I'm going through a book dry spell and and I was wondering if any of you know some authors who can compete with Brandon Sanderson's books. I've been craving some good fantasy/sci-fi ever since I finished WoR. 

P.S. If anyone wants a rec, I really liked Patrick Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicle

Welcome to the forums! Have an upvote and cookie. :)

Well I was about to suggest Pat Rothfuss, other than that you could try the wheel of time by Robert Jordan, The Demon Cycle by Peter V Brett, The Nigh Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks, Steven Erickson's Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Welcome!

Is there anything particular you don't like to see in your fantasy/sci fi? (For instance, language, and so on?) That aside, I would suggest Alexey Pehov's Chronicles of Siala, Brent Weeks's Lightbringer series, and potentially the Fallen Blade series by Kelly McCullough, though some might find it draggy as it goes on. I would also highly recommend A Trial of Blood and Steel by Joel Shepherd, and the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher.

What type of fantasy? There's a book I'm writing that may or may not be published, but I can't recommend it because of one of the reasons bellow.

A. It would be immoral for me to recommend my own book.

B. It isn't finished

C. When it is finished, it might not be published.

D. All of the above.

Hehe. 

Anyway, joking aside, I have a stupid question: Have you read the Hobbit and LOTR?