Release Dates

Zas678

Found this today and didn't see it anywhere after a few searches on the Shard. Figured I should post it. Oathbringer has an official release date on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/076532637X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485845812&sr=8-1&pi=CB192198896_AA75_QL70&keywords=oathbringer+sanderson

Edited by AngelEy3

On 1/31/2017 at 0:58 AM, AngelEy3 said:

Found this today and didn't see it anywhere after a few searches on the Shard. Figured I should post it. Oathbreaker has an official release date on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/076532637X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485845812&sr=8-1&pi=CB192198896_AA75_QL70&keywords=oathbringer+sanderson

Noted. Much obliged. (:

On 1/30/2017 at 11:58 PM, AngelEy3 said:

Found this today and didn't see it anywhere after a few searches on the Shard. Figured I should post it. Oathbreaker has an official release date on Amazon. 

I'm not sure how accurate that Amazon release date is. It could be, but the publication date is not finalized. They are shooting for "early November".

Also "Oathbreaker" is probably quite a different book from Oathbringer ;) 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm not sure how accurate that Amazon release date is. It could be, but the publication date is not finalized. They are shooting for "early November".

When I get a better date, I'll put it in.  But for now, this is the best info available. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/21/2017 at 4:06 PM, JPine said:

Anyone know if he's gonna finish the (rumored) second book of warbreaker? 

According to the latest State of the Sanderson, Nightblood (Warbreaker 2) will be written some time after Elantris sequels, which would be like four or five years from now at the earliest.  As Brandon says, “don’t hold your breath.”

Anybody seen anything more on this?

• 2 months later...

AWWW so I have to wait! I guess it take longer than two minutes to write a book, but still.

On 4/24/2017 at 4:39 PM, Fedcomic said:

According to the latest State of the Sanderson, Nightblood (Warbreaker 2) will be written some time after Elantris sequels, which would be like four or five years from now at the earliest.  As Brandon says, “don’t hold your breath.”

Anybody seen anything more on this?

2 hours ago, axcellence said:

Oathbringer is on 100% copyedit review on BS's site.  Does that mean it's all done now?

They are still working on illustrations. Also I think they still need to proofread it, but I am not positive on that point.

I don't know where to put this, but decided here was the best place. Has anyone noticed that the preorder price for Oathbringer is getting more and more expensive on amazon us? I usually preorder a book and it gets cheaper as it gets closer to release. This time I preordered when it first came available for $20.99 and it is now almost $30. Maybe it will drop in price later, but its just something I noticed that was a little odd.

34 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

a book like otahbringer for only 20 $? looks like a mistake. way too cheap. so maybe it was a mistake and they fixed it

Online  $20 is average for a Harcover release in my experience. I think a good equivalent is The Witchwood crown which is a much hyped release of 700 plus pgs that came out Tuesday and is currently selling for $20.40 brand new from amazon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brandonsanderson.com’s  progress meter has been stuck on the same for the book updates for a while since completing Apocalypse Guard, so I wonder if he’s on a holiday or it’s basically a case of progress bar needing an update....

1 hour ago, axcellence said:

Brandonsanderson.com’s  progress meter has been stuck on the same for the book updates for a while since completing Apocalypse Guard, so I wonder if he’s on a holiday or it’s basically a case of progress bar needing an update....

He should be done with Legion 3 so I would say its a case of the latter.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, axcellence said:

In case you missed it, Brandon posted a pseudo-State-of-the-Sanderson update after Oathbringer was finished, here

His short term plans were:

June–August: Apocalypse Guard One (Fall 2018 Release)
Early September: Legion 3 (Sometime 2018 Release)
Late September–December: Apocalypse Guard Two (Mid 2019 Release)
Late December: Random Novella

Assuming he's on schedule, he's done with Legion 3 and is on the early stages of Apocalypse Guard Two.

Also, I directly asked him what the chances of the Random Novella being Silverlight was, and his response was:

There's a decent chance. I've also got several on First of the Sun plotted, which are possibilities--and even a Threnody story I want to do. However, there's also a non-cosmere "minority report" style thriller I want to write, and a more thoughtful story about a world where big data predicts all of our choices. So...who knows.

Link to full reddit thread.

On 14/10/2017 at 1:16 PM, vividox said:

In case you missed it, Brandon posted a pseudo-State-of-the-Sanderson update after Oathbringer was finished, here

His short term plans were:

June–August: Apocalypse Guard One (Fall 2018 Release)
Early September: Legion 3 (Sometime 2018 Release)
Late September–December: Apocalypse Guard Two (Mid 2019 Release)
Late December: Random Novella

Assuming he's on schedule, he's done with Legion 3 and is on the early stages of Apocalypse Guard Two.

Also, I directly asked him what the chances of the Random Novella being Silverlight was, and his response was:

Link to full reddit thread.

Thanks... I’ve read that thread, but Legion 3 didn’t appear on tracker although BS did say on twitter he’s written chapter 1 of Legion 3.

So, I wasn’t quite sure what was happening.  It’s no biggy, it was just an observation.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress bars updated... and it has me a little bit confused.

Apocalypse Guard is showing 100% finished second draft. Brandon previously stated that the Apocalypse Guard bar was for the entire trilogy, not just the first book, and the first draft bar was previously at 33%. So... does this mean the entire trilogy is done, second draft too? That seems a bit crazy, even for Brandon, but he is starting on a new Mystery Project too, so I legitimately have no idea.

8 minutes ago, vividox said:

Progress bars updated... and it has me a little bit confused.

Apocalypse Guard is showing 100% finished second draft. Brandon previously stated that the Apocalypse Guard bar was for the entire trilogy, not just the first book, and the first draft bar was previously at 33%. So... does this mean the entire trilogy is done, second draft too? That seems a bit crazy, even for Brandon, but he is starting on a new Mystery Project too, so I legitimately have no idea.

Book 1 only.