Kaladin vs Kelsier. Who wins...

Bacon

in a battle of racism? They both go back and forth, saying racist stuff (jokes, anecdotes, assertions, etc) about light-eyed noblemen, getting slightly more racist as they go. The first one who can't (or refuses to) come up with a more racist remark than the last one told by the other person, loses.

Moreover, what is the anti-light eye or anti-noblemen remark that can't be topped by the other person?

This isn't racism. It's a dislike of the overlords in the system because they are repressive to the common folk and have a belief in an outdated imperialist dogmatic system...if only Dennis the Constitutional Peasant were on their side. Because really, they didn't vote for the king!

Also, it's not very PC to have a racism joke-off. I don't like your request. It'd be better if you just asked in general who would win a battle based on their skills from their investiture. If that were the case I'd say Kelsier would win because he has, to date in the books, a lot more experience with Allomancy relative to Kaladin's experience as a Windrunner. 

This isn't racism. It's a dislike of the overlords in the system because they are repressive to the common folk and have a belief in an outdated imperialist dogmatic system...if only Dennis the Constitutional Peasant were on their side. Because really, they didn't vote for the king!

Also, it's not very PC to have a racism joke-off. I don't like your request. It'd be better if you just asked in general who would win a battle based on their skills from their investiture. If that were the case I'd say Kelsier would win because he has, to date in the books, a lot more experience with Allomancy relative to Kaladin's experience as a Windrunner. 

Well it is still kind of racism, they're not just objecting to the system that's a fundamental part of both characters, Kelsier hates the Final Empire but even outside of that he bears a grudging resentment of all Nobles based simply upon their parentage rather than their own personal involvement in oppressing the Skaa. Kaladin is highly distrustful and spiteful to any and all Lighteyes, going out of his way to disbelieve any of them capable of genuinely good acts.

I'm somewhat in agreement on the second point but given that they're both fictional races it does take some sting off, there's no risk of actually offending anyone, but I do still believe it sets a poor precedent, so I'll not add any.

Edited by Voidus

• 2 weeks later...

Kaladin hands down was more racist.

Many members of Kelsier's team were half noble. Kaladin hated and distrusted all Lighteyes and only associated himself with darkeyes.

Kaladin judges people on their appearance, where Kelsier judges people on their social status.

• Chaos locked this topic