Newan

Orem Library Signing on December 6

101 posts in this topic

I might be able to. I'm not certain, because I've got family coming into town around then, but we'll see.

I'll be there! And possibly in costume. It should look awesome.

And I went to something similar to this about 2 years ago- there was a pretty big turnout for all of the authors, so there should be a good number total there.

I'll be there! I've got loads of questions to ask him--most revolving around the Reod Elantrians. They interest me a lot. 

I'm going. Nothing in the 'verse or the Cosmere could stop me!

Edited by Marvin the Paranoid Androi

I'll be there! I've got loads of questions to ask him--most revolving around the Reod Elantrians. They interest me a lot. 

Ooooh, would you mind sharing your list.

Also minor nit-pick but "Reod Elantrian" is not actually a canon term, the Reod was a singular event not an affliction.

Ooooh, would you mind sharing your list.

Also minor nit-pick but "Reod Elantrian" is not actually a canon term, the Reod was a singular event not an affliction.

Yep. Can you spike Elantrian-ness? Can you spike Elantrian-ness out of a Reod Elantrian? Can Reod Elantrians be felt by BioChromatic Lifesense? What would a Shardblade do to a Reod Elantrian? Can emotional allomancy affect them? How easy is it to pull metal through their bodies? 

I know, but it's easier to say "Reod Elantrian" than it is to say "Zombie Elantrians after the Reod happened but before a certain spoiler-y event"

hwo about if shadows wopuld perfer to eat a Reod before a noraml Elantran or a noraml eLantran before a boring human?

hwo about if shadows wopuld perfer to eat a Reod before a noraml Elantran or a noraml eLantran before a boring human?

Do you mean the shades? If you do, I actually haven't read sfsitfoh, (it's the only published thing of his I haven't read, actually...) so I probably won't ask that. Sorry!

Edited by im-liam

Here are the questions I am going to ask him:

Is the worldhopping kandra MeLaan?

Is the worldhopping kandra disguised as a human woman?

I think I could ask one more without being annoying.  Any requests?

Another kandra-worldhopper-related question might be "has the kandra worldhopper ever spoken a line of dialogue in a book not set on Scadrial?"

If anyone's looking for me, I *should* be wearing a Szeth shirt (if I can find it), and will probably be close to Brandon with a recorder. I'm excited!

I would be interested in finding out whether Roshar was inhabited before the arrival of The Three, and if so - whether we've seen (the descendents of) those inhabitants in the published books.

How much of Hoid would a Kandra have to eat to be able to replicate him?

What would happen if we smashed Shards together in a Large Hadron Collider? ;) (Or just large amounts of Investiture, I suppose) ((Maybe even Spren? O.o)

I'm here! I'm in the blue Adonalsium shirt.

How much of Hoid would a Kandra have to eat to be able to replicate him?

Most all of him, though perhaps none of him if the kandra could get his hands on a duplicate set of bones/fake-bones. From this WoB it seems that there might not be any need to actually have eaten a person to mimic them, so long as you have other means to know/duplicate their appearance.

This line is so slooooooooow! I'm near the back, wearing a black hat.

Wow! That question about Nightblood's sheath is AMAZING. And the question about Reod Elantrians and Shardblades is SUPER AMAZING.

Wow! That question about Nightblood's sheath is AMAZING. And the question about Reod Elantrians and Shardblades is SUPER AMAZING.

Thanks! I was honestly a little bit surprised that no one had asked that yet. And what interested me was that Reod Elantrians aren't like Drabs in that they don't have innate investiture, but are halfway through a transformation, and so are flickering between alive and dead. 

I got my first RAFO card today! (and I'll probably get more) I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry. Probably both.

By the way, I'm pretty sure Newan was right behind me the whole time. Sorry I was too shy to say anything at the time.  :ph34r:  :mellow:

I got my first RAFO card today! (and I'll probably get more) I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry. Probably both.

By the way, I'm pretty sure Newan was right behind me the whole time. Sorry I was too shy to say anything at the time.  :ph34r:  :mellow:

What did you ask?

I asked if Kelsier chose not to move on after he died or if he did want to move on but couldn't for some reason.  I kind of expected the RAFO but it was worth a shot.