Hi, from Dubai, with serious memory issues... Help?

Alya

Hi all!

I really love all Brandon Sanderson's books- I have the cover of The Way of Kings made into a cover for my phone- I am seriously obsessed.

Problem is, I need to reread all his books to figure out who is who and to solve this puzzle, but I know for sure that I will not be able to link everything. 

I need some hints, or a way to make it easier. When I read, I get really absorbed in the story that I cannot easily link the characters or things, I just stupidly enjoy it.

I'll be rereading soon, and I'll start with Mistborn since it is the first thing i read by Brandon Sanderson.

It is very rare to find someone here who actually reads fantasy. I don't know why, but people here seem fixated on self-help books, Paulo Coelho, Nicholas Sparks, John Green, etc. I was surprised last week when I found a girl on Goodreads who read lots of the books that i have read, so the first thing i did is, of course, recommend The Way of Kings. Lol, I had a fangirl moment when Brandon Sanderson accepted me as a friend on GR, I took pictures and showed all my friends who smiled and nodded as if i am crazy or something...

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/14161205-alya-al-ayel

Welcome!  :D

You can use the Coppermind wiki, the official Brandon wikipedia, to remind you of characters or concepts.

Thanks! I'll be doing that as soon as I can.

I don't know what I expected from the title... But I had visions of an Amnesiac Sanderfan, stranded in Dubai...

Maybe I am/was... Can't remember  :P

Welcome to the forums.

Have a cookie and an upvote.

Thank you. Umm I was kinda stalking the forum and I read some references to cookies, but i didn't get it. Thanks anyways, I mean, so what it's just a cookie right? Anyways, I'm Arab, and although to us it is extremely rude to reject a gift, it is even ruder to accept it without insisting that you really shouldn't have and to thank you waaay more than the occasion deserves, making it very awkward for both of us when I finally do accept it. 

ummm .... th-  thanks? :)

Love Dubai! I've been there several times with the US Navy.  I've been sand-boarding; gone on the 4-wheel safari; been to some Souks, malls, and restaurants; gone to the water park; and indoor skiing. I love looking at Burj Al Arab though I've never been inside.

Ohhh I'm sooo glad you liked it here. You said you love looking at Burj Al Arab, so I'm guessing you haven't seen Burj Khalifa yet? I've been seeing it for years, and I am still amazed by it. I graduated at Burj Al Arab and lol I really can't remember anything beside the really good food and my grandmother crying hehe.

Oh! Another Middle Eastern person. Hello!

Hello there other Middle Eastern person! We're practically cousins right? Lets get married haha :lol:

Where from exactly?

Thanks! I'll be doing that as soon as I can.

Maybe I am/was... Can't remember  :P

Thank you. Umm I was kinda stalking the forum and I read some references to cookies, but i didn't get it. Thanks anyways, I mean, so what it's just a cookie right? Anyways, I'm Arab, and although to us it is extremely rude to reject a gift, it is even ruder to accept it without insisting that you really shouldn't have and to thank you waaay more than the occasion deserves, making it very awkward for both of us when I finally do accept it. 

Ohhh I'm sooo glad you liked it here. You said you love looking at Burj Al Arab, so I'm guessing you haven't seen Burj Khalifa yet? I've been seeing it for years, and I am still amazed by it. I graduated at Burj Al Arab and lol I really can't remember anything beside the really good food and my grandmother crying hehe.

Hello there other Middle Eastern person! We're practically cousins right? Lets get married haha :lol:

Where from exactly?

Cairo.

The cookies are a reference to the "People you don´t want to meet in a Dark Alley" social group. Baisically they are a euphemism for attacking you with a Hemalurgic Spike.