Wit and the Chasmfiend

Oudeis

Wit barely arrives to the Hunt before the Chasmfiend's unexpected appearance, and then doesn't show up to the pavilion for some hours thereafter. When Elhokar asks him what's up, he says, "I had... things to be about."

What was he doing? Was he the reason for the Chasmfiend's unanticipated behavior? Something cosmerically important?

Probably his usual background schemes, good catch all the times I've read SA ive never picked this up!!

I think everything he does has some deeper purpose. I can't recall how far a long in the book this is? Was it around the time he met with Kal?

Maybe he was teaching them to dance??

Edited by WEZ313

I do not believe he had met Kal yet. It's near the start of Part 2. Kal has just promised to try one last time with the Bridgemen, and then started absorbing Stormlight for the first time. Shallan has not been heard from in a while, I think when we last left her she had just been accepted as Jasnah's ward.

Part 2 is also when the epigraphs are The Letter. Maybe he was writing it, or giving it to whomever delivered it?

He was organizing a procession of a hundred chasmfiends to march in unison and sing an ode to his magnificence.

Unfortunately, the storming things have real trouble tuning their tonic chords and maintaining just intonation.

He was organizing a procession of a hundred chasmfiends to march in unison and sing an ode to his magnificence.

Unfortunately, the storming things have real trouble tuning their tonic chords and maintaining just intonation.

My thoughts as well, though he probably was just up to normal Hoid secret stuff. But it is four hours between when we see him last in chapter twelve, he is absent all throughout chapter thirteen, and reappears in chapter fifteen. This is a bit suspicious. Now I really am curious.

In case anyone was wondering, Wit first appears in chapter twelve, Page 197 (assuming my kindle is correct,) and then in chapter 15, Page 228.

• Chaos locked this topic