Book 3 reading thoughts (warning Spoilers)

bobsaveg

So I was doing a reread of WOR after reading the latest little tidbit Sanderson released were it shows what Jasnah did after the assassination attempt. After moving herself to the cognitive realm, the section strongly hints at her soul casting the sailors bonds setting them free. That being said what I'm trying to say is I think that she also moved her trunk with all her research to the beach using her transportation surge. Think about it. It just is too convenient that it just washed up on the shore all perfect. maybe I'm wrong and it wouldn't really matter any way except that during my reread I kept reading over and over how upset Shallan was that she lost her sketch book and I thought wouldn't it be nice if Jasnah pulled Her sketch book into the cognitive realm with her to save it. Also she did have a backpack and a bandolier when she met Wit at the end of WOR so maybe the sketch book is in it. Even if she didn't save the sketch book or move the trunk.

the real question is what is she doing with a bandolier? Unless I'm mistaken a bandolier is used as like a ammo sash or bullet belt, so is it like a ammo belt for holding spheres and if so is she going to be like Chewbacca?

post-10619-0-33858000-1413953528_thumb.j

Edited by bobsaveg

So I was doing a reread of WOR after reading the latest little tidbit Sanderson released were it shows what Jasnah did after the assassination attempt. After moving herself to the cognitive realm, the section strongly hints at her soul casting the sailors bonds setting them free. That being said what I'm trying to say is I think that she also moved her trunk with all her research to the beach using her transportation surge. Think about it. It just is too convenient that it just washed up on the shore all perfect. maybe I'm wrong and it wouldn't really matter any way except that during my reread I kept reading over and over how upset Shallan was that she lost her sketch book and I thought wouldn't it be nice if Jasnah pulled Her sketch book into the cognitive realm with her to save it. Also she did have a backpack and a bandolier when she met Wit at the end of WOR so maybe the sketch book is in it. Even if she didn't save the sketch book or move the trunk.

the real question is what is she doing with a bandolier? Unless I'm mistaken a bandolier is used as like a ammo sash or bullet belt, so is it like a ammo belt for holding spheres and if so is she going to be like Chewbacca?

attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

I'm pretty sure someone else recovers Shallan's sketchbook, isn't there an annotation on it saying something to the effect of 'you don't know how much trouble I went through to get this back'

On one of the drawings there is a not saying sometihing like "you have no idea how much trouble I went to recover this from the bottom of the ocean. you owe me a new cloak. Nazh".

Also, you should avoid spoileriffic titles. that one is fully visible from the main forum page, and it tells anyone who did not read WoR epilogue that jasnah will appear in book 3, strongly implying she's still alive.

The questions I have relate to the Santhid.  Did Jasnah communicate w/it and help inspire it to rescue Shallan?  Did she use it to move her trunk?

I also don't like being that guy, but what is the downside to having a less spoilerific title?  Like say, "Book 3 Female POV Reading."

Edited by hoser

The questions I have relate to the Santhid.  Did Jasnah communicate w/it and help inspire it to rescue Shallan?  Did she use it to move her trunk?

I also don't like being that guy, but what is the downside to having a less spoilerific title?  Like say, "Book 3 Female POV Reading."

Take a look at the context. If we were at the front of the site, "Book 3" doesn't even mean anything. There's more than one series with 3 books. "Female" is so vague it's not even a useful word to include. It doesn't express anything. If all titles meant as little as that one did, I would suggest not having members waste their time posting titles to begin with. Just write and start typing. You make aspects of the site useless because you are worried about a minority of people who you've decided to remove all responsibility from.

The fact of the matter is that people who haven't read that book half a year after it's release fall into only a couple categories: 

1. People who are just picking up the series.

2. People who just haven't gotten to that book yet, but are interested.

If you fall into group 1 and are upset by the spoilers here, take a quick look at what you just did coming to this website. It's a fansite with the sole purpose of discussing this content. If you blame anyone else for "spoilers" this far down the line, you're illogically reacting to a situation you got yourself into. 

If you fall into group 2 and are upset by the spoilers here, you truly are not passionate enough about the series to even make a claim. It's not something people like to hear, but think about it. If their issue was not having enough time to read as fast as others, that would be one thing, but if you read one chapter a day on your limited time you still would have finished months ago. You're essentially saying that you feel more comfortable asking others not to participate in an enjoyable discussion because it's about something you are clearly not even that invested in. And once again, you've come to a fan site dedicated to discussing the material. So fault is on you again. 

Nobody should have to censor every sentence they write on this site because of these two types of people, especially when there are already rules in place to govern the content placement - laid down by moderators. Additionally, this dude, bobsaveg, actually did a good job addressing the "spoiler" content despite my stance that it isn't necessary. He didn't give away a huge event, he gave a very general "Who, What, When" along with a warning. Not good enough, because who knows who might be the perfect amount of innocent, ignorant, and passionate to have a problem. 

And hoser, I made the "that guy" post, so don't worry about it. Spoilers are something that people are way overly critical about, so I make an effort to point out when someone is actually in line and being told otherwise. I don't mind being "that guy". 

At this point it's been six months, so the spoiler policy is not quite in full force.

The overall spoiler period for Words of Radiance will be around six months. After that point, the Words of Radiance board will be merged with the Stormlight Archive forum, as it can be reasonably expected that people who want to discuss Stormlight Archive in great detail would have read it by then. This seems like a much better solution than having different boards for each Stormlight book, which in my opinion would be overkill.

The boards haven't been merged yet (Chaos has been busy, so far as I know), but the logic is still that everyone who wanted to read WoR already has by this point.

The title of this thread is not terribly spoilery as things go, though it is probably an example of something that should not have been made within the first few weeks of WoR's release just to be safe (since it would spoil she's probably alive in book 3). Not that there were any readings for book three at the time...

Edited by Moogle

Also, you should avoid spoileriffic titles. that one is fully visible from the main forum page, and it tells anyone who did not read WoR epilogue that jasnah will appear in book 3, strongly implying she's still alive.

Yes good point I have edited the title sorry.

I always assumed the santhid was what moved the trunk to shore, not Jasnah.

Jasnah never mentions doing anything like this with her trunk.

No she does not the reading was quite short I am just jumping/falling to conclusions. That is the fun of it

But anyways back to the bandolier what do you suppose she uses it for, and were did she get a back pack? I have not read any of the notes or Q and A about the cognitive realm. So I ask in mine ignorance, how do normal real world physical objects get there? Did the old Radiants leave things behind or have base camps in the cognitive realm?

Edited by bobsaveg

• Chaos locked this topic