What happened/will happen to Eshonai

missionaryofgod

In the end of WOR Eshonai is pushed down in to the chasm but what happened to her after that and what will happen in the future.

What if?..... This is my prediction

Obviously she survives due to her stormform and spren and the shardplate. She gets unconsious though and the parshendi who fled before the battle that also managed to survive through the storms someway will find her. They don´t want her to get consious wearing stormform so they drug her until they can figure out what to do with her.

Her mother have kept a secret spren from everybody with a new form that enables Eshonai to think clear and become the radiant she is destined to be. In the next highstorm or everstorm they drag her out with the secret spren so she changes form for the better. Later she manage to awaken the  halfdead spren she has in her shardblade and becomes a willshaper. I´m not sure if you can have two sprens at the same time but I think I read it somewhere in this forum from a WOB that it can be.

What do you others think?

It is as far as I know a popular opinion that Eshonai survived the fall, either because of shardplate, stormform or both. I think most people agree on that one. As to the rest. The impact of the fall could maybe force the spren out. The Comet spreen that has been following is according to theories I've seen a highspreen, and if that is true, her becoming a Radiant will probably be because of that spren.

Don't have my book available right now (will look it up tonight), but I sort of remember one of the epigraph's saying "In the storm I awaken, falling, grieving" or something very similar.

10 skymarks that one is about Eshonai.

Found it. Chapter 61 of Way of Kings:

"In the storm I awaken, falling, spinning, grieving"

Edited by Zea mays

I don't think she will awaken the spren in her shardblade. I'm pretty sure we wont see ANY of those be awoken. 

I also don't think the Comet like spren is a highspren. I do think its the type of spren a willshaper bonds.

I think Eshonai will have the Stormspren knocked from her because of the fall, then will waken and re-start her bond with the comet spren and become a Willshaper and that will make her immune to the forced everstorm change. 

Her sister Venli will gain command of the Listeners and continue their research to discover more of the forms and continue to wreak havoc.

Eshonai will awaken feeling more herself and will realize what she has done and she will try to fix it by joining Dalinar 'eventually' maybe in another book or two.

She will mostly begin an inspiring and soul searching journey to rediscover herself.  :ph34r:

It is as far as I know a popular opinion that Eshonai survived the fall, either because of shardplate, stormform or both. I think most people agree on that one. As to the rest. The impact of the fall could maybe force the spren out. The Comet spreen that has been following is according to theories I've seen a highspreen, and if that is true, her becoming a Radiant will probably be because of that spren.

I had forgotten about that spren. Still I believe the fleeing parshendis will find her and help her in someway

Her sister Venli will gain command of the Listeners and continue their research to discover more of the forms and continue to wreak havoc.

Eshonai will awaken feeling more herself and will realize what she has done and she will try to fix it by joining Dalinar 'eventually' maybe in another book or two.

She will mostly begin an inspiring and soul searching journey to rediscover herself.  :ph34r:

Don´t think and really don´t hope Venli is alive after the battle

I don't think she will awaken the spren in her shardblade. I'm pretty sure we wont see ANY of those be awoken. 

I also don't think the Comet like spren is a highspren. I do think its the type of spren a willshaper bonds.

I think Eshonai will have the Stormspren knocked from her because of the fall, then will waken and re-start her bond with the comet spren and become a Willshaper and that will make her immune to the forced everstorm change. 

If Adolin is becoming a radiant I think at least he will awaken his blade

The rest could very well happen. We`ll see.

If Adolin is becoming a radiant I think at least he will awaken his blade

The rest could very well happen. We`ll see.

WoB says that it would require the one who originally made the oath to create the shardblade to revive the shardbalde... this plus 2000+ years at the least.... yeah I don't think you are finding Adolins original shardblade creator... that and if you did I don't think after re-swearing his oaths to revive is spren fully the then renewed Knights Radiant would give his blade and bond over to Adolin (I don't even think that is possible) 

Sorry to diverge from the topic a bit... if anything, my best hope for all the deadspren blades is that they find peace. Perhaps via shardpool, like an Elantrian.

This could make for a cool moment in the book. The good guys have all these Shardbearers, and they're fighting a Desolation, but then they realize there's a way to end the suffering of the spren... do they let the spren continue to suffer, trying desperately to save the entire world? Or do they give the spren over to release, disarming some of their strongest allies?

WoB says that it would require the one who originally made the oath to create the shardblade to revive the shardbalde... this plus 2000+ years at the least.... yeah I don't think you are finding Adolins original shardblade creator... that and if you did I don't think after re-swearing his oaths to revive is spren fully the then renewed Knights Radiant would give his blade and bond over to Adolin (I don't even think that is possible) 

The WoB says it would be very difficult to re-awaken a dead spren, but not impossible. It is therefore possible someone like Adolin, who is depicted as having a very deep relationship with his Blade, could pull it of.

However, it is unlikely Eshonai would perform the same feat as she is not known to have any kind of relationship with her Blade. It would extremely anti-climatic to have her manage to do it when it has been foreshadowed Adolin would be the one. As for Eshonai, I do believe she is alive and that she will meet up with the rogue Parshendi.

Edited by maxal

But there's also WoB that not everyone survives to their own book. Her 'viewpoint' book might be spent largely in flashbacks, perhaps to the events of Gavilar meeting the Listeners for the first time.

I happen to agree that there's very little chance that she's dead, but it's not technically impossible just for that reason.

But there's also WoB that not everyone survives to their own book. Her 'viewpoint' book might be spent largely in flashbacks, perhaps to the events of Gavilar meeting the Listeners for the first time.

I happen to agree that there's very little chance that she's dead, but it's not technically impossible just for that reason.

ah gotcha, that i did not know. thanks!  :)

Lol ah ok. I was kinda like, um should i have said no thank you? or argued more?  :P

Nah, but I get the feeling... Each time I get a downvote, I get so riled up, especially if I think the culprit post is inoffensive.... I recall angrily asking who had downvoted a very mild post of mine only to have someone shyly apologizing for having accidentally downvoted me with his or her phone....

I felt bad.

I hate downvotes :angry:

Maybe it would have been better to just have upvotes and skip the downvotes on this forum?

I guess downvotes can be useful, in the case of truly, purposely disrespectful posts. However, those are extremely rare. Often, a downvote appear when a person simply express an unpopular of controversial opinion and it will rill up a few individuals. If I look back at my trolley of downvotes, I can see a pattern...

It would be very difficult, if not impossible, for her to survive. Not only is that a drop of 200+ feet, but the storms would be creating a massive flood underneath these chasms, which would drown her in shardplate (not to mention dash her to pieces...

Though with all those faked deaths in WoR, I wouldn't be surprised if she lives for some reason...

It would be very difficult, if not impossible, for her to survive. Not only is that a drop of 200+ feet, but the storms would be creating a massive flood underneath these chasms, which would drown her in shardplate (not to mention dash her to pieces...

Though with all those faked deaths in WoR, I wouldn't be surprised if she lives for some reason...

But she was in stormform, which accounts for superior strength and resistance... without it, she would have been dead meat for sure, but with, I feel she did survive the fall pretty much unscathed.

But she was in stormform, which accounts for superior strength and resistance... without it, she would have been dead meat for sure, but with, I feel she did survive the fall pretty much unscathed.

At least I think she lives. Not sure how much she is hurt though? probably unconcious at least. I think she will have a major role to play in future books so she have to be alive.

I guess downvotes can be useful, in the case of truly, purposely disrespectful posts. However, those are extremely rare. Often, a downvote appear when a person simply express an unpopular of controversial opinion and it will rill up a few individuals. If I look back at my trolley of downvotes, I can see a pattern...

But my thoughts are, couldn't that be what the report button is for? I'm with you, I say get rid of the downvote button, and have the report button be used for inappropriate, harassing, or offensive posts. 

I would also add we haven't seen the full extent of what stormform is capable of. We saw parshendi who are inexperienced with it use it, while Eshonai has held that form for what, weeks? Add to the fact that I am not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but she was ALSO wearing shardplate. So figure shardplate absorbed the fall and shattered, and her natural stormforminess helped her survive the remaining impact

Edited by Pathfinder

Since there seems to be differences in the way the Parshendi and humans see spren manifest in the Physical, so I wonder if Eshonai, or Parshendi shardbearers before her, had a different experience with their shardblades compared to humans?  Random musing...probably nothing there.  Would be curious if/when Eshonai becomes radiant, if the the shardblade will scream when touched like with Kaladin and Renerin...?

I think she'll survive because she was set up to be a huge character with some self-searching, and why set the stage then kill her off?

George R R Martin says hello  ;)

That being said, I agree. Eshonai has survived the fall, I'm convinced of that. As for what happens afterwards...?

Well, I'm in the camp who believe she'll become a Radiant. There was a comet-like spren circling around her after all... that being said, I hope that she doesn't shake off the influence of Stormform until her own novel, simply because the idea fascinates me. 

During the interludes, Eshonai mentions that she can hear herself screaming inside her mind, meaning there is a part of her which knows what she is doing and is outraged against it. That raises all kinds of neat questions about how the voidbringers work; the Parshendi don't seem to be acting like puppets. Eshonai still has... well, not the personality she exhibited before, but she has a personality. She is a distinct individual from Venli, or the other Parshendi- they haven't been joined in a mass, unthinking hive mind of Odium-worshippers.

I'd love to see the conflict between the Eshonai's get played out; it's kind of like an especially disturbing body heist story, particularly if- as I suspect- the Radiantl!Eshonai becomes stronger as the comet spren tries bonding with her; there's been speculation since Way of Kings about whether or not Dalinar will live until his flashback book. What if that was used as the hook for it? An entire novel of Radiant!Eshonai fighting back against Stormform!Eshonai, then, during the climax, Stormform!Eshonai has Dalinar at her mercy...