Other Hemalurgic Powers

Fallen Rope

Since there is a topic that is guessing what the other feruchemical powers could be, there needs to be one guessing what the other hemalurgic ones are.

Some ideas are,

Age- this could cause people to become hemalurgic "vampires" that keep spiking people to stay alive.

Identity- gives you access to the metal minds of the ferring you just killed, and possibly their voice in your head.

Sight- Like an iron spike but gives you permanent tin.

Connection- Gives you the spiritual connections the person you killed had, making the deceased friends trust you.

There's already A Spike for Sight. Tin Spikes steal one of the 5 main senses.

There's a theory floating around that Lerasium Spikes steal Age, since it preserves you, but still twists the power against itself.

Identity is already established. I can't remember which Spike, I'll check later.

The Blessings of Awareness and Tin Spikes are different. We don't actually know how blessings are made, but it's implied that They're different than normal Spikes.

As for Tin spikes only taking one Sense. I got that from MAG. (I've got bloodhounds that are given extra sight and smell. They can track a man in the rain and mist)

AFAIK, the Blessing of Awareness improves all of one's five senses. Which includes sight. Where did you read about tin spikes stealing one sense?

I think it's a take on Feruchemical tin only storing 1 sense, AFAIK we don't have WoB on it outside  of the MAG which is technically canon until contradicted but should be taken with a grain of salt.

Many are Incline to think that it would though what that charge would hold is not something anyone can agree on.

There are also several Theories on what fLerasium would be. The best theory I have heard on fLerasium was the idea that it will contain raw Feruchemy that anyone can tap to become a Feruchemist but Brandon RAFO's most questions on the subject of Lerasium's uses in Feruchemy and Hemalurgy.

Edited by Lord Tavash Shar

• 2 weeks later...

What about a spike for luck.

And what would godmetal alloy spikes do. Learsium alloys might make a spike not lose charge and let you reuse the spike to get a powerful charge in it.

There are spikes for stealing Feruchemical chromium so maybe there is a way to steal each Feruchemical attribute without stealing the actual ability to use Feruchemy. But we would need a WOB or book instance to Prove that.

On the subject of god metals. They make everything bizarre. For all you know you could use a ton of spikes to steal enough of your own attributes to essentially make it so that anyone using them becomes a Hemalurgic construct that is a clone of you. Invasion of the body stancher style.

They are really not a good base line for anything that is not essensally "Outside" the normal rules.

Edited by Lord Tavash Shar

There are spikes for stealing Feruchemical chromium so maybe there is a way to steal each Feruchemical attribute without stealing the actual ability to use Feruchemy. But we would need a WOB or book instance to Prove that.

Well iron spikes basicly steal Feruchemical pewter so I think the same thing could happen for other powers. 

Leasrium seems to be the only metal that breaks the rules as it has a permanent effect allomanticly. Atium seems to follow the normal rules, spikes only change the decay rate to 0 and copperminds break the rules more than atiumminds.

• Chaos locked this topic