*looks at 40+ pages of material filling two threads, plus ponies and jokes, and Halloween special* 

Too much. :P

Who could ever have too much of Oregon? :P:D

Though this is an enormously large-scaled RP. Even without all the ponies and shipping jokes we've got more content than most of the inactive RP sub-fora. I guess you could say that "What Happened in Oregon" is an RP on an... Epic scale. B)

Are you beseeching moderator assistance with the last Question thread, either to lock it or combine it with the first one?

Though this is an enormously large-scaled RP. Even without all the ponies and shipping jokes we've got more content than most of the inactive RP sub-fora. I guess you could say that "What Happened in Oregon" is an RP on an... Epic scale. B)

Are you beseeching moderator assistance with the last Question thread, either to lock it or combine it with the first one?

Um….Arizonans, who drive like idiots when there's even a hint of rain? :P 

Yes indeed. :D 

Yes. If the last two Question threads could be combined and locked, that would be awesome. Keep the forum from becoming too cluttered with all of our ponies and jokes. 

New Question thread, everyone! We'll see how long this one lasts. :P

A month top.

Miserable fools! :P

It helps that we have both dedicated people and lots of awesome.

A month top.

Miserable fools! :P

It helps that we have both dedicated people and lots of awesome.

Yeah, that sounds about right. 

No kidding. And little Northwestern me is sitting behind someone, going 35 in a 50 zone, saying, "Come ON! It's water from the sky! It's not going to eat you!" :P

Agreed. :D 

Also, I think I'm beginning to see exactly how terrifying The Dalles is from Backtrack's perspective. To him, it must look like Koschei seized control of the local police and military and holds the city in such an iron grip that he hasn't had to visit Reader in his office for two years. Wonder how he'll react to Autumn's standard greeting ("Autumn Glass, not an Epic")? :P 

Also, I think I'm beginning to see exactly how terrifying The Dalles is from Backtrack's perspective. To him, it must look like Koschei seized control of the local police and military and holds the city in such an iron grip that he hasn't had to visit Reader in his office for two years. Wonder how he'll react to Autumn's standard greeting ("Autumn Glass, not an Epic")? :P

It does however beg the question why no one every heard of Koschei, if he were such a proficient dictator. (To be fair many of our non Epic character could introduce themself like that and even some Epics, if they don´t give their full name.)

It does however beg the question why no one every heard of Koschei, if he were such a proficient dictator. (To be fair many of our non Epic character could introduce themself like that and even some Epics, if they don´t give their full name.)

Isn't it obvious? He has clearly built up a Voldemort-like reputation and has become The-Epic-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Or-Even-Mentioned-In-Casual-Conversation. :P

The soldier who asked Backtrack how he knew Koschei hit the farmhouse risked his life to ask that question. 

Yes, because a good chunk of Epics could have killed him right then and there, naturally not because of Koschei, because that would create a... TIME PARADOX!

Lightwards only recently came to Oregon; he's not very familiar with local history. Sam might have heard of him, but most of her Epic knowledge is restricted to the part of Portland she lived in. Revolution probably knows the name, considering she's familiar with even minor Epics like the Trimmer. Aldo and Cricket almost certainly know about him, as they tend to interview a lot of people for general information when they come to a new area.

Isn't it obvious? He has clearly built up a Voldemort-like reputation and has become The-Epic-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Or-Even-Mentioned-In-Casual-Conversation. :P

Does that mean Remington Springfield is the Redneck Who Lived? :P

Lightwards only recently came to Oregon; he's not very familiar with local history. Sam might have heard of him, but most of her Epic knowledge is restricted to the part of Portland she lived in. Revolution probably knows the name, considering she's familiar with even minor Epics like the Trimmer. Aldo and Cricket almost certainly know about him, as they tend to interview a lot of people for general information when they come to a new area.

Does that mean Remington Springfield is the Redneck Who Lived? :P

That, and he didn't last long. I'm thinking he appeared in late November, terrorized The Dalles all through December, and was finally brought down in early January. It was a pretty damaging war for The Dalles, but didn't spread too far beyond that. 

Yes. Which would make Reader….Bellatrix Lestrange?  :blink:

That, and he didn't last long. I'm thinking he appeared in late November, terrorized The Dalles all through December, and was finally brought down in early January. It was a pretty damaging war for The Dalles, but didn't spread too far beyond that. 

Yes. Which would make Reader….Bellatrix Lestrange?  :blink:

Makes sense. Was he a fairly new Epic in November?

It's a shame Reader doesn't have more Snape-like tendencies, 'cuz I like to imagine Reader as Alan Rickman. :P

Makes sense. Was he a fairly new Epic in November?

It's a shame Reader doesn't have more Snape-like tendencies, 'cuz I like to imagine Reader as Alan Rickman. :P

Yes. He was one of those Epics who got his powers, tested them, mastered them, and decided he was a god in a very short span of time. He was from a fairly small and isolated farming community near the Washington/Oregon border and, after testing his powers on them, he quietly killed every non-Epic there and moved on to the nearest small city, The Dalles. 

Snape had some pretty deep flaws, but he is too awesome to be compared to Reader. :P Although I do enjoy picturing him as Alan Rickman. "Sit down and have a chat….you twit." 

Seems like he went out in a blaze of glory.

Be happy that Nighthound never became a Death Eater. Is Funtimes Dumbledore?

He went out soon, and that's what matters. 

Nighthound as a Death Eater—in either Potterverse or Oregonverse?  :o  :wacko:  :unsure:

Maybe a cross between Dumbledore and Luna Lovegood? 

Yes. He was one of those Epics who got his powers, tested them, mastered them, and decided he was a god in a very short span of time. He was from a fairly small and isolated farming community near the Washington/Oregon border and, after testing his powers on them, he quietly killed every non-Epic there and moved on to the nearest small city, The Dalles. 

Snape had some pretty deep flaws, but he is too awesome to be compared to Reader. :P Although I do enjoy picturing him as Alan Rickman. "Sit down and have a chat….you twit." 

Nighthound as a Death Eater—in either Potterverse or Oregonverse?  :o  :wacko:  :unsure:

At least my Epics have the excuse of having been around for a while. <_<:P

Deatheater would make an awesome Epic name... I´m gonna work on the details for that one.

Edited by Edgedancer

Nighthound as a Death Eater wouldn't work, since he'd entirely overshadow Voldemort's villainy. :o

"Just seven Horcruxes? Gosh what a wimp. I've got a whole warehouse full of 'em. Though I should probably kill you now that I told you that."

Of course, now I find myself wondering what Funtimes and Lightwards would be like as Hogwarts professors. :P

Nighthound as a Death Eater wouldn't work, since he'd entirely overshadow Voldemort's villainy. :o

"Just seven Horcruxes? Gosh what a wimp. I've got a whole warehouse full of 'em. Though I should probably kill you now that I told you that."

Of course, now I find myself wondering what Funtimes and Lightwards would be like as Hogwarts professors. :P

Professor Cardinal frowned. "No, Mr. Weasley, I am not here to tell you who wins the Quidditch World Cup this year."

Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes clapped her hands. "I am I am I am!"

"It's in the future. You can't possibly know that," Lightwards said.

"Sure I can, now that I've got one of those Time Turner thingies!"

"Where did you get that?"

"Made it at lunch today."

"That can't possibly be safe."

Funtimes' smile darkened. "I don't think I asked you, mister meanieface."

Professor Cardinal frowned. "No, Mr. Weasley, I am not here to tell you who wins the Quidditch World Cup this year."

Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes clapped her hands. "I am I am I am!"

"It's in the future. You can't possibly know that," Lightwards said.

"Sure I can, now that I've got one of those Time Turner thingies!"

"Where did you get that?"

"Made it at lunch today."

"That can't possibly be safe."

Funtimes' smile darkened. "I don't think I asked you, mister meanieface."

"Headmaster, you simply must get rid of the Dementors."

Albus Dumbledore bore a sad and weary expression. "I am truly sorry for the trouble, Professor Cardinal. But you know as well as I how limited our options are. The Ministry--"

"I know the politics of the situation, you miserable geriatric," Lightwards snapped. "But you haven't seen Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes these past few months. Every time one of those gliding things passes her by, she gets..."

Lightwards trailed off, his voice growing soft and conspiratorial. "She gets different."

Meanwhile...

Severus Snape stood knee-deep in liquid cement, his beady eyes narrowing in fury.

"Professor," he said in his deep voice, "this is hardly appropriate behavior for one of your stature--"

"I'll do the talking," Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes replied clearly. Her eyes met his with equal intensity, traces of malevolence shining through.

Snape was used to Funtimes wreaking havoc with his life. He couldn't count the number of times she'd called him a meanie buttface, or the number of times she'd redecorated his dungeon into some parody of a six-year old girl's birthday party.

This wasn't like her. Though her dress still looked like a pixie had thrown up on it, her gaze was harsh and unforgiving. There was a cold rage smoldering in the way she spoke; the cold rage of a very hard woman pushed to the breaking point.

"You've been cruel to my friends," Funtimes said slowly, deliberately. "I want you to apologize to them."

"What friends?"

Funtimes' eyes flashed at his response. "Sam Trattner," she replied coldly. "Revolution Sunburst Jones. You've been mean to them."

"I have shown no cruelty," Snape snapped back. "I have put up with a remarkable amount of their disruptive behavior, considering--"

"They're disruptive because you're mean to them," Funtimes shot back. "You're going to apologize and be nice to them from now on."

Snape shook his head furiously. "I will not be threatened by you--"

He cut off as Funtimes grabbed him by the collar, pulling him so close that his beak-like nose almost touched her face. "You will be nice," she hissed darkly. "I put up with a lot of spite from you, Severus Snape. But if you are mean to my friends, I will make you wish You-Know-Who tore you apart before you ever met me. I will make you like the dead pickled rats you keep in those stupid cauldrons of yours. Capisce?"

Snape gritted his teeth. "Understood. But I'm not apologizing to those spoiled buffoons."

Funtimes shoved him back roughly, causing him to fall backwards onto his desk. His feet remained firmly solidified in the cement she'd turned the floor into.

"That's fine," she said with a dark smile. "But if you don't apologize, I'm not turning your dungeon back."

She snapped her fingers, and what was left of the empty classroom began transforming into the spitting image of a 1950s Muggle soda shop, complete with a jukebox and soda fountain.

"You miserable--"

Funtimes let out a high-pitched giggle and teleported away.

Two hours later

"She's completely insufferable," Snape ranted. "Either she or the Dementors must go at once."

"I couldn't agree more," Lightwards fumed. "I've been saying that for weeks. Haven't I been saying that for weeks?"

Albus Dumbledore let out a tired sigh.

Edited by Kobold King

"Headmaster, you simply must get rid of the Dementors."

Albus Dumbledore bore a sad and weary expression. "I am truly sorry for the trouble, Professor Cardinal. But you know as well as I how limited our options are. The Ministry--"

"I know the politics of the situation, you miserable geriatric," Lightwards snapped. "But you haven't seen Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes these past few months. Every time one of those gliding things passes her by, she gets..."

Lightwards trailed off, his voice growing soft and conspiratorial. "She gets different."

Meanwhile...

Severus Snape stood knee-deep in liquid cement, his beady eyes narrowing in fury.

"Professor," he said in his deep voice, "this is hardly appropriate behavior for one of your stature--"

"I'll do the talking," Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes replied clearly. Her eyes met his with equal intensity, traces of malevolence shining through.

Snape was used to Funtimes wreaking havoc with his life. He couldn't count the number of times she'd called him a meanie buttface, or the number of times she'd redecorated his dungeon into some parody of a six-year old girl's birthday party.

This wasn't like her. Though her dress still looked like a pixie had thrown up on it, her gaze was harsh and unforgiving. There was a cold rage smoldering in the way she spoke; the cold rage of a very hard woman pushed to the breaking point.

"You've been cruel to my friends," Funtimes said slowly, deliberately. "I want you to apologize to them."

"What friends?"

Funtimes' eyes flashed at his response. "Sam Trattner," she replied coldly. "Revolution Sunburst Jones. You've been mean to them."

"I have shown no cruelty," Snape snapped back. "I have put up with a remarkable amount of their disruptive behavior, considering--"

"They're disruptive because you're mean to them," Funtimes shot back. "You're going to apologize and be nice to them from now on."

Snape shook his head furiously. "I will not be threatened by you--"

He cut off as Funtimes grabbed him by the collar, pulling him so close that his beak-like nose almost touched her face. "You will be nice," she hissed darkly. "I put up with a lot of spite from you, Severus Snape. But if you are mean to my friends, I will make you wish You-Know-Who tore you apart before you ever met me. I will make you like the dead pickled rats you keep in those stupid cauldrons of yours. Capisce?"

Snape gritted his teeth. "Understood. But I'm not apologizing to those spoiled buffoons."

Funtimes shoved him back roughly, causing him to fall backwards onto his desk. His feet remained firmly solidified in the cement she'd turned the floor into.

"That's fine," she said with a dark smile. "But if you don't apologize, I'm not turning your dungeon back."

She snapped her fingers, and what was left of the empty classroom began transforming into the spitting image of a 1950s Muggle soda shop, complete with a jukebox and soda fountain.

"You miserable--"

Funtimes let out a high-pitched giggle and teleported away.

Two hours later

"She's completely insufferable," Snape ranted. "Either she or the Dementors must go at once."

"I couldn't agree more," Lightwards fumed. "I've been saying that for weeks. Haven't I been saying that for weeks?"

Albus Dumbledore let out a tired sigh.

"Michael Jäger," the Sorting Hat said. "Also known as Nighthound. Let's see where you ought to be....."

"Whichever House you thinks is most deserving of me," Nighthound replied.

"You needn't speak," the Hat said quickly. "Just--ah--think what you want to say and I'll...I'll hear it..."

"What's wrong, Hat? Is my brain making you nervous?"

"No, no, it's fine," the Hat said with an insincere chuckle. "I'm just seeing...ah....quite a lot of ambition to meet beautiful women."

"And?"

"Oh, and there's love...of a sort....for hounds...."

"No, what happens in my head after I meet the beautiful women?"

"PIE! You love pie!"

"What's wrong, Hat? Does my brain scare you?"

The Hat's answer was a frightened, helpless whimper. McGonagall snatched it from Nighthound's head and turned to him with a pasted-on smile. "Terribly sorry, Mr. Jäger, but I'm afraid there's no room for you at Hogwarts this term."

"Michael Jäger," the Sorting Hat said. "Also known as Nighthound. Let's see where you ought to be....."

"Whichever House you thinks is most deserving of me," Nighthound replied.

"You needn't speak," the Hat said quickly. "Just--ah--think what you want to say and I'll...I'll hear it..."

"What's wrong, Hat? Is my brain making you nervous?"

"No, no, it's fine," the Hat said with an insincere chuckle. "I'm just seeing...ah....quite a lot of ambition to meet beautiful women."

"And?"

"Oh, and there's love...of a sort....for hounds...."

"No, what happens in my head after I meet the beautiful women?"

"PIE! You love pie!"

"What's wrong, Hat? Does my brain scare you?"

The Hat's answer was a frightened, helpless whimper. McGonagall snatched it from Nighthound's head and turned to him with a pasted-on smile. "Terribly sorry, Mr. Jäger, but I'm afraid there's no room for you at Hogwarts this term."

A few years later Nighthound's little sister came to Hogwarts, prompting a nervous breakdown for the poor Hat. And this was all almost a decade after the infamous Sorting of Arnold Grisslie, which caused the Hat to burst into flames.

I actually find myself driven by curiosity... how would Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes react to Dolores Umbridge?  :blink:

A few years later Nighthound's little sister came to Hogwarts, prompting a nervous breakdown for the poor Hat. And this was all almost a decade after the infamous Sorting of Arnold Grisslie, which caused the Hat to burst into flames.

I actually find myself driven by curiosity... how would Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes react to Dolores Umbridge? :blink:

Everything would go fine until Umbridge made Sam write "I must not sass my superiors" in her own blood. At that point, it would take a LOT of convincing from Sam, possibly even a miracle, to keep Funtimes from dissolving Umbridge in her own pink frilly shoes. :o