Way of Kings/Words of Radiance question

Kriterian

I've read Way of Kings and just started reading Words of Radiance. I will try to avoid spoilers and I don't really care if your answer spoils me, but try to avoid it if you can.

In the Way of Kings Kaladin talks with Hoid (Wit), who is apparently Sigzil's former master. Kaladin is told to tell Sigzil that he's no longer an apprentice and is a full Worldsinger now. Am I missing something or did Kaladin never mention this to Sigzil? Was the "magic" flute ever mentioned again or was it lost in a battle?

It's not mentioned on-screen whether or not Sigzil was told he was a full Worldsinger. I think Kaladin probably did tell him, but I don't know for sure.

The flute is mentioned later in WoR. And it's probably Hoid doing the magic, not the flute:

Hoid has access to illusion magic which uses dust and the like, as seen in the Liar of Partinel sample chapters which show his backstory. Conveniently, he kicks up ashes from the fire and Kaladin starts seeing things...

Edited by Moogle

• 2 weeks later...

It's not mentioned on-screen whether or not Sigzil was told he was a full Worldsinger. I think Kaladin probably did tell him, but I don't know for sure.

The flute is mentioned later in WoR. And it's probably Hoid doing the magic, not the flute:

Hoid has access to illusion magic which uses dust and the like, as seen in the Liar of Partinel sample chapters which show his backstory. Conveniently, he kicks up ashes from the fire and Kaladin starts seeing things...

Weird. The Sigzil plot line seemed rather big to ignore but I'm glad they at least mention the flute later. Thanks for the information, it's been bugging me.

• Chaos locked this topic