The list of planets

kristapo

So we know that there are ten core shardworlds. But the short story about shadow is set on a new planet( Threnody i think). Now i don't know if this world has a shard or not, but it is the eleventh world. So is the ten core shardworld list permanent or Brandon could add more or change it( Like a shard leaving one world and going to another). Now correct me if i am wrong, but a magic system is created when a shard interacts with a world( or something along those lines, my native language is not English so i don't know if that statement is correct). So that means that means whole new mixed magic systems like a weird new way of alomancy, which could be very interesting.

So, just as a background, when Brandon told us that there are ten core world, he meant that these ten worlds are the ten ones with important bits of story to tell. So far, we know eight of these.

• Ashyn
  • Braize (Some perhaps would argue that Braize is not one of these ten)
  • Nalthis
  • Roshar
  • Scadrial
  • Sel
  • Taldain
  • Yolen

Roshar (Stormlight), Scadrial (Mistborn), and Yolen (Dragonsteel) are the three main pillars of the overarching cosmere story. As far as we know, all of these so far have Shards with the exception of Ashyn which currently does not (although, I suppose it is technically possible that later-Yolen has no Shards).

These ten however, are not the only inhabited worlds in the cosmere. There are plenty of populated planets that have just a Splinter there, or no Shardic influence at all. Two of these planets are Threnody (Shadows for Silence) and First of the Sun (Sixth of the Dusk). These two planets do not have a Shard, although they may have a Splinter. We have no confirmation either way on that. Due to the lack of Shards, the magic that you see on these worlds is not so much a system, like Surgebinding or Allomancy, but something you interact with, thus the shades and the Aviar.

Hope this clears things up, and if it's still confusing, let me know. I'd be happy to help. :)

I've been falling out of touch with fandom information, so...

Was the God Beyond as a sperate entity confirmed by Brandon? Or is still just a fan-theory?

(It's a theory I rather like, but I wanted to double-check how accurate God Beyond =/= Adonalsium theories are)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I was waiting for all of Alloy to be annotated before reading them, but it seems I really need to get up to date in it.

(I also need to read Elantris- I've been delaying that for almost a year now. I just find it to be his worst book, making it hard to sit through.)

• Chaos locked this topic