Kelsiers wealth

halo6819

Re-listening to the series, and I just got past the part in TenSoon's trial where a Kandra mentions that they were offered a huge sum for OerSeur's contract. How did Kelisier get such a stockpile. I know he was stealing a bunch of atium, but even when he hit Straff he only got 7 or 8 beads.

Also, unrelated question about the math on the Mist-fallen. Exactly 16% fell to the mists, presumably 1 for each metal, and 16% of those stayed sick for a week, they were atium mistings. But, atium is not one of the 16 metals, therefor shouldn't it have been 17% instead of 16?

The mistfallen thing wasn't about the metals, it was about the math. Sixteen is a significant number and that was Preservation's way of communicating.

So those who fell would have a random distribution of powers? I wonder if there were any bendalloy/nicrosil etc in there. That would have been confusing.

I actually am pretty sure that there can no longer be atium and malatium mistings anymore, now that Sazed has restored Allomancy to it's original form. It seems that no one would be able to burn bendalloy and cadmium. So exactly 1/16 would be able to burn each metal, although no one could burn bendalloy and cadmium. Whether or not mistborn would have been abe to burn atium and malatium is still up for debate.

About the atium, if you remember Kelsier mentions when he gets back to Luthadel that he needs more atium so he goes to Keep Venture. All of it went into the kandra fee. He could have accumulated quite a hoard prior to the events of the book and then spent it all on OreSeur. Also, we have no idea what the typical rate of pay for kandra is. It could be possible that 6 or 7 beads was a huge amount to pay in a single contract. After all the Trust wasn't that massive, and the kandra had been accumulating the atium there for centuries.

Also, according to the RPG fiction, his mentor apparently took him around to kill other Mistborn as training. So if they had any sort of atium stockpile, he probably got that too.

Thats a good point. Two years running around killing Mistborn might explain the wealth.

• Chaos locked this topic