Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted.

you step onto the podium as Khriss hands you your diploma. Khriss calls up the next graduate as you leave the stage. Upon further inspection you notice that you have received Shash as your mark. Dangerous. Do Not Employ. Known to make egregious math errors. Graduated to rid us of them.

Only now do you hear the cheering coming from the gathered crowd. Who did the professor call? Thinking back you remember. Mater, Alma. You’ve graduated together.

Confused, you turn around, receiving a face full of spit. Realization dawns.

”I still can’t believe it” Alma says, extending a hoof. “Me, the first Llama to graduate Silverlight”

Alma the Llama. Summa Cum Laude. Graduating class of 5778 CSY (Cosmere Standard Year)

I wish to grow the Royal Locks upon my head

Granted, you can read the "mind" of any single cell organism.  Only one at a time, but any of them, and they dont really think much more than "Hot! Cold! Hungry! Here..."

I wish for the ability to see Spren like a Horneater.

Granted. But your gift of perfect pitch is marred by how careless recording artist are for pitch accuracy.  Your visual acuity for color a curse rather than a boon because you live in a dark cave.

As for the agelessness and increased health, you are the only one who had it before the outbreak; the deadly virulent plague that decimated humanity and ushered in the zombie apocalypse. Now it is just you in your cave, hiding from the zombies. Too bad your heightened life sense won't work on the undead! 

I wish for the power to teleport myself any place I can see with my own eyes or through a video or photo.

Granted, but the final desolation begins. The fused come out, the secret societies learn about your honorblade and all sphere in your immediate vicinity are dun sphere with the next high storm happening in 3 months. And where you currently at is the area that the voidbringers planned to assemble. Good luck !

I wish to become a protagonist of a fantasy book series.

25 minutes ago, goody153 said:

Granted, but the final desolation begins. The fused come out, the secret societies learn about your honorblade and all sphere in your immediate vicinity are dun sphere with the next high storm happening in 3 months. And where you currently at is the area that the voidbringers planned to assemble. Good luck !

I wish to become a protagonist of a fantasy book series.

Granted, but the fantasy series is a borderline-unreadable, derivative, contrived, Mary Sue-riddled mess. The only 5-star reviews for it on Amazon are written by sarcastic Internet racists and your mum. Your story lies mouldering on the shelves of failing second-hand bookstores, forever.

I wish for a better work ethic.

Edited by Unlicensed Hemalurgist

Granted. Your work ethic is now so good that you work yourself to exhaustion everyday and neglect your family to the point that no one wants to talk to you because you're grumpy and insulting constantly. On your days off of work, you pace your house restlessly and snap at anyone who gets to close to you. Eventually, you move out of your house in favor of an apartment in New York, where you find an even worse job, and start to stop eating out of stress. Eventually, you are on the verge of starvation, and are only saved when your doctor sends you to a rehabilitation hospital to help you to get back on a normal schedule, but you can't. You can never stop working, and your doctor eventually decides that it would be the best thing to just send you to an insane asylum. Even there, you never cease working in the garden or something else, and slowly drive yourself legitimate crazy.

I wish for the ability to speak to all animals.