Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

23 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

@Herald Of Justice Yes they do. But I'll play with it. You recieve the Bands of Mourning but you are on Scadrial. Many people now know they are real things and the entire population of Scadrial hunts you.

I call on the Nightwatcher to fill my boon. I wish for my own KR spren(I don't care what one).

Granted, but said Spren is actually the cognitive shadow of Kelsier, you are granted the powers of a Fullborn.

However you lose all memories of Kelsier, your powers and the entire cosmere as a whole, and even if you rediscover it you will forget again immediately.

Edit

I want book four to be Szeth’s POV.

Edited by Herald Of Justice

On 1/9/2018 at 0:25 AM, Meandering Monotreme said:

Wait, is there an outstanding wish to be granted right now?

There was mine was passed over a page ago.

6 minutes ago, FallenRadiant said:

"I wish for the ability to move things using only my mind .."

Granted, but it is so draining that even moving a grain of rice forces you to fall into a coma like sleep for 2 days.

1 hour ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Okay, so we need to remember, grant a wish then wish again.  I'm granting the passed over wish. 

Granted, all of your meals are perfectly cooked, but horribly over salted. 

I call on the Nightwatcher to fill my boon. I wish to be bonded to the Stormfather.

Granted, but he never stops singing “your welcome” in your ear.

I want an upvote.

45 minutes ago, LewsTherinTalamon said:

I wish for the willpower to do anything! 

Granted, unfortunately the Nightwatcher noticed that your wish was ambiguously phrased, and decides the "anything" that you have the willpower to do. The Nightwatcher grants you an unparalleled will to collect paper clips. So determined are you in this pursuit of paper clip collecting that it consumes your life, your personal hygiene begins to suffer, you neglect to eat most days, but your collection of paper clips grows and grows. Until, half starved, living in your own filth like an animal, the burden of never being satisfied with the completeness of collection overwhelms you, and in your great despair you fashion a noose from chained paper clips and end your wretched existence.

I wish that I could understand the language of Jawas so that I can tell what they are actually saying when they shout "Houdini" all the time.

24 minutes ago, Meandering Monotreme said:

I wish that I could look through any other person's eyes at will.

Granted! You can now see through other people's eyes, but only when they are looking at a 72 year old man in Paducah Kentucky named Will. He sits on his porch a lot, and moves his dentures around in his mouth with his tongue.

I wish that I had a Winnebago that was capable of Faster than Light travel.

Your wish has been granted, @hoiditthroughthegrapevine (won't let me tag you?????), but the laws of physics are still in place. Going too fast will end up with you splashed against the far end of the Winnebago, and when I say splashed I mean splashed.
I wish that I will survive my Humanities 101 class this semester without too much mental trauma or lost sleep. 

1 hour ago, I am Witless said:

I wish that I will survive my Humanities 101 class this semester without too much mental trauma or lost sleep. 

The Nightwatcher grants your boon, you get great sleep this semester, unfortunately you sleep through most of your humanities 101 class as well. You also survive your humanities class without too much mental trauma, but this implies that you will have a little mental trauma. The Nightwatcher, being the jerky spren of poetic justice that she is, makes your small mental trauma a very specific condition. You now have a case of Tourettes syndrome which is only triggered when you recite poetry.

I wish I could play chess with Robert Jordan and smoke some Two Rivers tabac from a hand carved pipe that looks like the smoke is coming from a Dragon's jaws.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish I could play chess with Robert Jordan and smoke some Two Rivers tabac from a hand carved pipe that looks like the smoke is coming from a Dragon's jaws.

Granted, you are brought into the CR to play a game of chess with Mr. Jordan's cognitive shadow, and are free to come and go as you please, and Jordan will be there waiting for a new game whenever you return-- Mr. Jordan has got some time-- and the Nightwatcher makes a pipe of your description. As an added bonus, it is a fabrial pipe. Place any material of your choice in the pipe, and after 10 seconds, it will automatically be soulcast into the tabac you so desire. Your bane is that you now have a condition that constantly gives you ingrown toenails. No medical procedure, no treatment of any kind will fix this. You will be perpetually in pain when you walk, and will have to constantly fight the infection that threatens your toes.

I wish for all ten surges, with a means of fueling them as renewable as stormlight, and that my bane will not directly inhibit my ability to use the surges except tangentially.

Edited by TheTigerKandra

19 hours ago, TheTigerKandra said:

Granted, you are brought into the CR to play a game of chess with Mr. Jordan's cognitive shadow, and are free to come and go as you please, and Jordan will be there waiting for a new game whenever you return-- Mr. Jordan has got some time-- and the Nightwatcher makes a pipe of your description. As an added bonus, it is a fabrial pipe. Place any material of your choice in the pipe, and after 10 seconds, it will automatically be soulcast into the tabac you so desire. Your bane is that you now have a condition that constantly gives you ingrown toenails. No medical procedure, no treatment of any kind will fix this. You will be perpetually in pain when you walk, and will have to constantly fight the infection that threatens your toes.

I wish for all ten surges, with a means of fueling them as renewable as stormlight, and that my bane will not directly inhibit my ability to use the surges except tangentially.

Granted, but your stormlight only recharges on the 29th of February and there is no such thing as spheres that you can use to store your stormlight for later use.

I wish for 6 months of paid vacation.

5 hours ago, FallenRadiant said:

Granted, but your stormlight only recharges on the 29th of February and there is no such thing as spheres that you can use to store your stormlight for later use.

I wish for 6 months of paid vacation.

Granted, but you must be the one who pays (both your paycheck, and for your vacation).

I want to be a FULLBORN.

• 5 weeks later...

Granted. However, you can't compound or store/burn anything beyond the base metals. So no Bendalloy God metals, ect. Also, you are crippled and stuck in a wheelchair, which no amount of gold can fix.

I wish to be so irresistibly attractive that everyone who sees me must obey my every command.

41 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Granted. However, you can't compound or store/burn anything beyond the base metals. So no Bendalloy God metals, ect. Also, you are crippled and stuck in a wheelchair, which no amount of gold can fix.

I wish to be so irresistibly attractive that everyone who sees me must obey my every command.

Granted, However suddenly can only talk in Lopen quotes.

I want To bond a highspren 

You do indeed bond to a highspren. Unfortunately, you can't quite see the top of it (I mean, it is called a highspren for a reason, right?) and subsequently are never actually able to communicate with it (I'd assume its face is at the top of its head) nor fully utilize your power.

I wish I could live a nice quiet life in the desert somewhere.

2 hours ago, theRoyalDingus said:

I wish I could live a nice quiet life in the desert somewhere.

Granted, you are instantly transported to the middle of the Saharan desert. Hope you had a bottle of water in your pocket when you made that wish...
It's nice and quiet being far away from civilization, but if you don't feel like cooking delivery's not an option, here's a google map view of the closest restaurants:

SaharanRestaraunts.jpg.3e4ac488a043e3090fe74ba6b5099bc5.jpg

I wish that every time you had to use the constant PI.jpg.062e1b242c549a7471ddfbf50307856b.jpg to figure out a math problem, that you would get a slice of real pie to eat while you are figuring out that math problem...

1 hour ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish that every time you had to use the constant PI.jpg.062e1b242c549a7471ddfbf50307856b.jpg to figure out a math problem, that you would get a slice of real pie to eat while you are figuring out that math problem...

Granted. However, the pies come in every flavor randomly (and I mean every flavor) after the style of the beans in Harry Potter. And to successfully solve the math problem, you must always consume the pie slice.

The effects of this are global, and thus all of the world's computers totally crash, and are severely handicapped until new models are built that are capable of consuming pie slices. Also, the raspberry pi computer model has become wildly popular.

On the bright side, you've indirectly solved world hunger (although even this is a two-edged sword: roughly the same number of people that were dying of hunger are now dying of obesity-related health conditions).

I wish for true understanding. Preferably not the variant that would result in going mad from the revelation.

31 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

I wish for true understanding. Preferably not the variant that would result in going mad from the revelation.

The Nightwatcher's green vaporous form coils around you, you stare into her alien yet too human face as green wispy tendrils of luminescent vapor pierce your mind.

Suddenly you find yourself standing on a train platform in Sussex, in one hand you hold a newspaper wrapped in a cone, dripping hot oil, filled with sublimely deep fried breaded chunks of cod. In the other hand you hold a train station schedule. In a logical leap that transcends space and time, you realize the true teleological purpose of mankind. The scales have fallen off of your eyes, you perceive the deep and all penetrating truth of the true meaning of life. Looking up, with eyes unclouded by mere petty existence, you see it. You see the face of god, and more importantly you see the train conductor hat that he is wearing and the dingy less than respectable condition of his basement. You my friend have just discovered the reason that we were created, God is a train enthusiast, and we are all part of the greatest scale model train set ever built.

Your curse is that now that God knows that you are aware of his model train set, he wants to get your opinion on his world class stamp collection.

I wish that the world would realize that dividing by zero is just as valid as multiplying by zero. If you divide something into nothing parts, for crap's sake you have nothing! Why is it more valid to say A times 0 = 0 then it is to say A divided by 0 = 0?

33 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish that the world would realize that dividing by zero is just as valid as multiplying by zero. If you divide something into nothing parts, for crap's sake you have nothing! Why is it more valid to say A times 0 = 0 then it is to say A divided by 0 = 0?

Boon: The Nightwatcher grants you a free session with a Psychiatrist.

Bane: The Nightwatcher decides that your current state of your mental health is punishment enough for you. So, she takes pity on you and personally accompany so that you won't hurt yourself.

I wish to become an immortal worldhopper. 

27 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Actually, the math community is secretly okay with dividing by zero. Because you sort of kind of need zero division to do calculus. For example, integrating something is basically the process of dividing zero by zero and getting a finite nonzero result.

But don't tell anybody. It's a secret.

Also, I will note that you are a lot more likely to get infinity when you divide something by zero than you are to get zero again. This is part of why zero division is regarded as "impossible", because technically, infinity is not a number in the strictest sense (although lets be honest, we can usually get away with treating it like one, albeit one that follows some unusual rules).