Story combining.

Metanat

So a fun thing that I do when i get bored is I combine stories and elements from stories together and I was wondering if anyone else does this sort of thing. So for instance I take a world and add a key idea or a magic system that belongs to something else and then I just see what happens. One of my recent ideas was the Attack

on Titan universe with the luxin drafting system from Brent Weeks Lightbringer series. 

So I was wondering if anyone else has done this and has their own cool or strange ideas.

Probably odd but I've thought about Harry Potter and Game of Thrones being in the same universe. The connection being a portal in the dark forest that connects to the forest north of the wall ( the blood forest? ).

There's actually a pretty neat fanfiction about the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who invading Hogwarts. It's one of a very small list of fanfics I've ever read in their entirety.

• 4 weeks later...

This reminds me of a strange dream I had this weekend.  It wound up leaving my wife in stitches.

It started with a man being revived by a SHIELD-like agency and having his memories restored.  No, I don't know why they were missing or what the agent's name was - he essentially served as my dream-avatar but he looked kind of like Mark Sheppard (Crowley from Supernatural, among other roles)  (and no, I don't look like Mark Sheppard).  

The reason he was being revived was to be sent back in time to rescue the Doctor.  Yes, Doctor Who, although for those getting excited at this point, he never actually *saw* the Doctor in the dream.  Instead, he wound up outside a medieval castle and under attack by a dread beast that had his scent and nearly got him before he got inside the castle.  What form did the dread beast take?  A killer rabbit.

Unfortunately the beast couldn't be fought; it was too deadly.  But, the agent could go back to the future and attempt to prevent it from being created in the first place.  What's more, the inhabitants of this 16th-century castle knew that the man who created the killer rabbit had been sent to Azkaban by Harry Potter on April 21st, 2014.  So the agent wound up pulling out a wand and traveling to Azkaban in the modern day (post-Voldemort).

No, seriously.  I really did dream this.  I'm sure it reads like a synopsis of a particularly absurd fanfic, but...

At this point, my subconscious apparently mixed up Azkaban and Hogwarts, as the famed wizard prison was bustling with students and teachers, who gave the agent a warm welcome.  Apparently he was a former student who'd acquitted himself well in the battle of Hogwarts.  Also, no dementors showed up - I figured it as given that they were all fired after they sided with Voldemort.

Rather than take the stairs, the agent used a levitation charm to leap up three stories, although some malfunction of the spell required him to keep chanting continuously or he'd crash.

He found a rock-star-like poster on the wall with glamorous pictures of the villain and his two accomplices, who were flirting with anyone who cared to look at said poster.  It included which cells these three (presumable) death eaters were being held in.  Unfortunately, the agent never reached the cells, as he had to stop to save a fluffy white rabbit that was apparently being remotely held hostage by the villain - yes, the same white rabbit that turned killer in the distant past, but here it was going to be forced to jump down an elevator shaft if demands weren't met.

At that point, my wife woke me up.  On one hand, she kept the absurdity from proceeding, but on the other, if she hadn't been there for me to tell, I probably wouldn't remember half of this.

Anyway. Ladies and Gentlemen, my brain.  *bows*

• Chaos locked this topic