Information on Mistborn Movie and Mistborn Game

Dellexe

On a whim I decided to do a quick Google News search for "Mistborn."

-

I found a couple reviews and this little gem on a French news site.

http://www.elbakin.net/fantasy/news/22011-Brandon-Sanderson-reparle-du-film-Fils-des-Brumes

"During a series of questions / answers, the American author has returned to the film adaptation of Mistborn, or Son-of-Mists French.
Sanderson reveals that one of his conditions for this film is a cast opening to the public, so anyone can apply for a role. He also explained that it is the "film" section of the company Little Orbit, who produced the Mistborn video game: Birtright, which currently holds the rights to adapt. They keep the game if they finish within 18 months, otherwise these rights will be relisted.
Of course, we are still far from even just an estimate release date for this film ..."

I ran it through Google Translate, so it's not perfect. Apparently Mistborn: Birthright is coming within about 17 months, or it's not coming at all.

I like that casting is open to the public, but I'd prefer having more talented actors performing the principal roles rather than someone off the streets.

Any other thoughts from anyone? Was this knowledge previously known and I just missed it?

• Chaos locked this topic