The Ultimate SLC Comic Con Stalker Strategy Thread

Seonid

Alright folks, the SLC Comic Con starts the day after tomorrow. Brandon is going to be there for all 3 days, doing book signings and panels on each day (2 book signings on Saturday!!)

His schedule is posted here.

Note the 3:00 event:

Celebrating Fantasy Literature: The Worlds of Brandon Sanderson
From Elantris to Mistborn to completing the Wheel of Time series to The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson sits at the nexus of modern fantasy literature. Join him for a discussion of his work, his worlds, and his plans for the future of both. Source - brandonsanderson.com; link above.

So we need to get Sharders to the following signing events to record and distribute them to THE WHOLE INTERNETS!!!! Or at least the folks who care, namely, us.

Thursday, September 4:

4:00–5:45 p.m. - Book signing

Sharders: Rubix and fRR

6:00-8:00 p.m. - Book signing

Sharders: Rubix and fRR

Friday, September 5:

12:45–1:45 p.m. - Book signing

3:00–4:45 p.m. - Book signing

Sharders: Rubix and fRR

6:00-7:00 p.m. - Book signing

Saturday, September 5:

12:30–2:30 p.m. - Book signing

Sharders: Rubix and fRR (full) and Seonid (partial)

3:00-4:00 - Brandon discusses his worlds, his work, and his plans for the future of both.

Sharders:  Rubix and fRR and Seonid

4:00-7:00 p.m. - Book signing

So here's how this works. You volunteer for a time slot, and I will write you down on the ListTM above. Ideally, we should have at least two folks there recording at each session, but I realize that that might not be possible. I'll be going (probably...I'm feeling a little sick right now, so if I get better I'll be there) on Saturday, but I won't get there until after 12:30, maybe 1:00 or 1:30. We'll see how that goes.

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead! Volunteer! Step up now for your chance to be immortalized as an Assistant Librarium for the Compendium of all Cosmere Knowledge (see the third post and on in this thread)

Edited by Rubix
Wrote myself on the list. ;)

Robot, that sentence makes no sense whatsoever. I would be happy to ask a question for you, but can you please re-word it to be more clear?

I think he wants to know if the Shades on Threnody would find Awakeners "magically delicious" because of all their Breath.

I'm still interested in these. Might be RAFO (especially #1) but he may throw us a bone on them.

1. Can Nazh world hop or does he travel between worlds by other means?

2. Is Nazh seen in Shadows for Silence?

3. When in the Cosmere timeline do Shadows for Silence and White Sand take place?

I'm still interested in these. Might be RAFO (especially #1) but he may throw us a bone on them.

1. Can Nazh world hop or does he travel between worlds by other means?

2. Is Nazh seen in Shadows for Silence?

I'll second these questions if you're taking requests! And I'll also see if you can sneak in a question asking about the Ratio of Stormlight to Breath. (Even though I expect it will be RAFO'd) :P

Also, can Nightblood bond with a spren?

2) Could an awakened sentient object (e.g Nightblood ) bond a spren? A: technically but the specific circumstances you would need Would need are so bizarre, in practice no.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/14339-qs-and-as-from-the-london-signing/?hl=%2Bnightblood+%2Bbond+%2Bspren

My question, if anyone is taking any, is "What is Nightblood's sheathe made out of?"

-

No. I'm definitely not obsessed about this.

Just a quick question, does anyone know if Brandon is charging for signatures at the Comic Con? I ask because several of the guests have (quite expensive) signature prices and I couldn't see any listed for Brandon.

Second, is he ok with me bringing a book for him to sign, or do I have to buy one there?

I haven't heard about either of those things, but I can't see a world where Brandon would charge for his signature. When I met him, I brought upwards of ten books, and he signed them all without a second thought. And he'll sign books that you bring although if he's at a bookstore, he often requests that you buy something from any author to support the bookstore. Since you're at a con, I think you're in the clear.

Can somebody please try to record the Lord of the Rings discussion? I am a superfan of LotR (as well as the Cosmere, of course), but unfortunately I can't be there. Thanks!

2:00–2:50 p.m., Room 255B
Is Epic Fantasy Still Relevant to the Genre?
Most of modern Epic Fantasy literature’s roots can be traced back to JRR Tolkien and the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. With the rising popularity of other fantasy subgenres, namely Urban Fantasy, Steampunk, Dark Fantasy, Alternate Reality (Historical Fantasy), Romantic (Paranormal) Fantasy, Magical Realism, where does Epic Fantasy fit into the mix? Has the recent popularity of Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films, along with George RR Martin’s Game of Thrones TV series oversaturated the genre, or is it now more popular than ever? Our panel of authors weigh in.
Michelle Witte, Brandon Sanderson, Brian McClellan, Megan Hutchins, Paul Genesse, Valerie Gardner

Edited by Steel