Other planet hoppers

JCHancey

Yeah, especially in rl-astronomy, you have to remember time breaks everything. Even if you knew where it was exactly, you'd still have to figure out where it actually is, since what you're seeing is many years older than what is. Depending on distances, the planet may no longer exist, heck even the star might have died. Oh, and yeah, it's likely the whole system has moved a little on its orbit of the galaxy. And dont forget the subtle effects of small things like asteroids/comets. Yeah, I'd suggest not jumping. It's probably much faster to travel into shadesmar and move round in there.

which makes me wonder how the heck that one (and possibly more) Selian ended up on Roshar, since Brandon said you shouldn't enter Shadesmar on Sel, for some reason.

Well, we do not know what ever happened to the Duladel before the action in Elantris. We know that something horrible happened, and the people are almost all gone (assumed dead, but I don't remember that being explicitly stated). Perhaps they were merely displaced... into Shadesmar or somewhere else. Thus, one or more of the survivors may have met with the 17S folks.

*It has been a while since I read Elantris, so I may be mis-remembering...

...But perhaps they can only do it if they traveled through the Physical Realm to get there...

Well, we do not know what ever happened to the Duladel before the action in Elantris. We know that something horrible happened, and the people are almost all gone (assumed dead, but I don't remember that being explicitly stated). Perhaps they were merely displaced... into Shadesmar or somewhere else. Thus, one or more of the survivors may have met with the 17S folks.

*It has been a while since I read Elantris, so I may be mis-remembering...

I believe that this is now threadjacking the threadjacker of a threadjacker, but I believe that in a coming Scadrial storyline, which takes place before the events of WoK, Scadrial will have grown technologically advanced to the point of interplanetary travel. Elantris comes before Mistborn, so they have had even more time to develop spacecraft. Thus, travel through the Physical Realm is not as ridiculous as it might seem.

For cataclysmic events on Sel, didn't Rayse visit and actually Splinter the Shards there. That has to have some sort of impact. Of course, this doesn't negate your theory, as he could have just flung the locals off-planet. I have a hunch, though, that Odium/Rayse travels through the Physical Realm, but I'm not going to threadjack myself in the same post, so if you want to discuss that, see my thread "On the Nature of the Shattered Plains."

• 4 weeks later...

the term in WoK was ""Worldsinger", similar but not the same....although it's possible that Hoid perpetrated both orders and that's why they are so similar.....hmmmm....I think I just invented a new theory.

Edited by CrazyRioter

So I came across the term Worldbringer in WoK a while back. I believe it was in the chapter where Kal has the dream. I was under the impression that Worldbringers were the Keeper's forebears. Any thoughts?

Hey It's MovAvi! I haven't seen you on here in ages. You were the person that told me about this site and you only have posted 4 times What the heck!

• Chaos locked this topic