Other planet hoppers

JCHancey

Admins of 17th shard and myself talked to Brandon last night for over 45 minutes concerning different theories we had and specific details.  The question we asked was if Galladon was in WoK. 

He replied," That's an astute questions."

We asked," Is there a Duladel on Roshar?"

Brandon,"Yes"

So yes there is proof that there is at least 1 Duladel on the planet.  There were many other things we discussed that may come out eventually but not yet :) It did give us many smiles the things we were able to pick up.  Rainbowrose, Nehex, or Josh could confirm this statement if you don't believe me.

• 1 month later...

Vasher? Of any character we've met besides Hoid or a Shardhodler, he seems to have the most intimate knowledge of his powers. I think he's a good option for a planet hopper. Especially when you consider his near-immortal status.

• 2 weeks later...

Vasher? Of any character we've met besides Hoid or a Shardhodler, he seems to have the most intimate knowledge of his powers. I think he's a good option for a planet hopper. Especially when you consider his near-immortal status.

Maybe, but I would think the other planet-hoppers would be more subtle, and not viewpoint characters.

Of Way of Kings? That's what I'll assume, since none of the others have symbols that I know of. Anyway, it's a shardblade, or so I thought. It looks distinctly shardbladeish.

I'd totally draw it for you, except for my complete lack of artistic talent.

And Chaos beat me to it. Again.

Of Way of Kings? That's what I'll assume, since none of the others have symbols that I know of. Anyway, it's a shardblade, or so I thought. It looks distinctly shardbladeish.

I'd totally draw it for you, except for my complete lack of artistic talent.

And Chaos beat me to it. Again.

I'm just that good.

Is it same as the symbol that appears on the pages which say Part One Part Two etc.

Yes.

It's actually a glyph, which are complex in their own right. When I went down to Josh and Mi'chelle's wedding, Austin (Nehex here) was showing me the glyphs he made from Brandon's lessons. It's incredibly interesting. We should get Austin to make a blog post about that...

Is it same as the symbol that appears on the pages which say Part One Part Two etc.

We should get Austin to make a blog post about that...

Okay. Mind you, we are a bit limited as to what we can say, but I wouldn't mind putting up a post.

• 2 months later...

I'm curious if Ahir in TWoK is possibly Kiin from Elantris. He specifically says in TWoK "I've lost my Passion for cooking." Kiin had a strong passion for cooking in Elantris. Why else would Brandon put Passion in Italics?  I asked Brandon about this instance and he tried to side track me by saying "there is a Dula in TWoK." I kept trying to pressure him if I was correct on this theory and didn't get anything back more than "I have neither confirmed or denied any other world hoppers besides Hoid and the Dula." 

What's your thoughts on Kiin=Ahir?  Remember the Ahir is found in an interlude and is studying with a woman the different spren.  Seems like someone trying to gain knowledge.

Brandon says that after reading WoK, the crossover characters from other books will become easier to spot. Excluding Hoid, I have had little luck spotting crossover characters in other books. Anyone had better luck?

He actually tweeted recently (Tue Jan 4) that there is a character from Elantris in Mistborn.  The quesiton is, did he mean the city of Elantris, or the book?

I'm curious if Ahir in TWoK is possibly Kiin from Elantris. He specifically says in TWoK "I've lost my Passion for cooking." Kiin had a strong passion for cooking in Elantris. Why else would Brandon put Passion in Italics?  I asked Brandon about this instance and he tried to side track me by saying "there is a Dula in TWoK." I kept trying to pressure him if I was correct on this theory and didn't get anything back more than "I have neither confirmed or denied any other world hoppers besides Hoid and the Dula."  

What's your thoughts on Kiin=Ahir?  Remember the Ahir is found in an interlude and is studying with a woman the different spren.  Seems like someone trying to gain knowledge.

Hmm... That's interesting...  Merits further study I think.

re: the front cover glyph

Brandon: The symbol stamped into the front of the first hardcover represents the Windrunners because of Kaladin's awakening as a Windrunner. Also because of Szeth, but mostly because of Kaladin.
Edited by zas678
Just some formatting

• 1 month later...

I have a theory about Blunt, the soldierish person who is with Thinker and Grump in the interludes.

Grump's alias is Temoo (much like Raoden's alias in Elantris is Kaloo), is bald,and he speaks Dula. (And since he is a grumpy Dula, it leads many to believe that this is Galladon.)

Blunt's alias is Vao (much like the First Returned is called Vo), has a soldier's build and is blunt in his behavior.

Could Blunt be Vasher? The biggest evidence that I can find to deny this is that Blunt has darker skin, and that Blunt knows the same language as Thinker and Grump.