Mistborn Movie Casting

Chaos

If it does happen, please don't let it be another Eragon...

I doubt Brandon would allow that to happen. He'll be working closely with the screen-writer I'd have to assume, to ensure it's to his satisfaction.

He might be too old to play the part but Clint Eastwood could make an amazing Clubs. Watch gran turino to see where I'm coming from.

Just so we can somehow slip in the line, "get off my lawn!" Clint, to this day, is the best one to deliver that line :P

Edited by Lyrebon

• 2 weeks later...

Through prowling around and seeing who played who in different movies, I have decided on a dream team.

Vin: Ellen Page. It's been said before, and I agree with it. After seeing what she did in Inception, I think she would make a really good Vin at all stages of her character arc.

Kelsier: Liam Neeson (Spelling?). I'm going for this one as well. The only thing I've seen him in is The Dark Knight Saga, but he seemed perfect for the role of a grieving Knight Templar like Kelsier.

Breeze: Tom Hardy. Again, Inception. At first I thought that RDJ would be the best for the role, but then I realized that his characters, while snarky, are often rich, deprived, etc. Tom Hardy is a better fit.

Dockson: Jude Law. Sane companion who keeps Kelsier in check? I think we have a winner.

Clubs: Geoffry Rush. He can be the neat old guy and such.

Ham: Matt Smith. He's a cool guy and I could see him bothering Breeze with all those philosophical questions.

Marsh: Can't think of anyone.

Elend: Daniel Radcliffe. Why? Because I got tired of looking for actors in things that I liked and just decided that Elend should be Harry Potter.

The Lord Ruler: Tom Hiddleston. He looks like my mental picture of him, and has the ability to portray the unsettling calm that TLR always has. He could also do The Lord Ruler well in the final battle.

Sazed: Again, I can't think of anyone to fit the role.

Okay, I've been watching Wallander recently (Don't look at me like that. I have a Hiddles problem. I'm aware.) and there was a girl in one of the episodes who just struck me as a really good pick for Vin. Flora Spencer-Longhurst is her name, but her IMDb page is kinda lame, so here's some pictures:

19238504.jpg

Flora%20Spencer%20Longhurst.jpg

Since she's not really well known, here's a good clip of her acting. The character that she plays in Wallander actually has some similarities to Vin. Tragic life, major trust issues, but occasionally Wallander will get her to open up a bit and she shows some humor and wit. As soon as she realizes what she's done though, she closes up again and pushes him away.

it should be animated,or human acted and then animated (like 1978 lord ofthe rings)

Thank you for bringing up the memories I've tried so very hard to repress. NOTHING deserves to end up like like that silhouette-with-glowing-eyes-and-pink-blood-Orc-fight.

...maybe Twilight.

• 2 weeks later...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt should be in everything. ALL THE THINGS!

That said, James Purefoy should be as well. I'm just trying to think of a role for him.

And no, no animation. Except TenSoon because I imagine you'll need facial movements that aren't dog-like, and because I'm imagining TenSoon's form to be larger than the average wolf. This is why live-action is a good idea. Find the right actress and the film will look gorgeous with a talented director.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt should be in everything. ALL THE THINGS!

That said, James Purefoy should be as well. I'm just trying to think of a role for him.

And no, no animation. Except TenSoon because I imagine you'll need facial movements that aren't dog-like, and because I'm imagining TenSoon's form to be larger than the average wolf. This is why live-action is a good idea. Find the right actress and the film will look gorgeous with a talented director.

I agree emphatically, I just watched the first Jurassic Park, and its aged really well (its the very first movie I remember seeing in theaters. And I think its because of the animatronic use over graphics. I suspect even something bloatedly expensive like Avatar will look dated in 5-10 years.

• 1 month later...

Was actually discussing this with the wife on the way home from Thanksgiving, and we decided on:

Kelsier: Ewan MacGregor

Vin: no agreement.

Dox: Jeremy Renner

Marsh: Matt Damon

Breeze: John Barrowman

Ham: Mickey Rourke

Clubs: John Noble

Spook: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Elend: Chris Pine

Sazed: Benedict Cumberbatch

Lord Ruler: Daniel Radcliffe

Proceed to tear said castlist to shreds.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if any of you have seen anything he's been in, but Kelsier has always looked like Paul Bettany in my head. I'm not saying I'm not a fangirl of Fillion, because believe me, I love me some Mal.

But... Fillion feels too broad to me. Bettany is just who I see in my head as playing him. (He was Dustfinger in Inkheart, the Albino in the Da Vinci Code, the main angel guy in Legion, and he was in a Knights Tale [where he ran around naked for the beginning of the film])

Edit:

I also like the idea of Eccleston as Kelsier.

AND

Straff Venture OR TLR: Ralph Fiennes. (Voldemort.)

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably too expensive to be practical, but I'd like to see OreSeur when he's imitating the nobleman to be completely CGI. It will add a little bit of inhumanity that could look very good.

(I realize that kandra are supposed to look indistinguishable from the people they're imitating. But it seems like too good of an effect to waste)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, although I like Ellen Paige, I really don't see her as Vin, at all.

Vin - Mara Rooney

Kelsier - Paul Bettany

Most of the rest should be lesser known or unknowns. I've seen how well that worked in Lord of the Rings, and now in The Hobbit as well. Too many famous actors make it top heavy and ends up like the horrendous Ocean's trilogy.

• 3 weeks later...